Everything I knew was gone. I would never return to that life. Now I'd live in Sector 3 with Mr. Vox Bly in an elaborate home. He's probably the son of a judge or a CEO of some company. We'd send our kids off to get a better education than I could ever dream of. It was what every girl wanted. The perfect life.

There was a knock on the door, "Miss Eaton, the dart is about to arrive in Sector 3." I had ran out of tears by this time. I stood up and washed my face before I opened the door.

There was a ding and a voice came over the intercom. "We have arrived in Sector 3. Everyone please depart."

I followed my escort off of the dart. For a second I stood there in awe. Their Capital building was so much nicer than the one back home. The floors were made of marble as well as the walls where as ours were made of wood and concrete. There were banners everywhere with different sayings on them, telling people to vote for the next Sector 3 representative. I looked at my guard, "What does it mean by vote?"

The guard gave me a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"The banners tell us to vote for Ander Pollick for the next Sector 3 election."

He nodded, "Right. People pick the person they want to represent them. That person then goes to Sector 1 and tries to get laws passed that will help his Sector."

I frowned, "We've never had an election."

He gave me a confused look, "You haven't?"

I shook my head, "No."

" Come on or we'll be late for the next dart." We walked through the Capital building before we got onto another dart that would take us to Subsector D.

This time I looked out the window not because I was thinking but because I was in amazement. I couldn't believe that all of this was real. There were huge buildings that towered over us and they were all magnificent. I stared at them as we raced by in wonder. This place was nothing like Sector 16. There were no walls separating each Subsector either. Probably because no one would dream of running away from a wonderful place like this. None of our buildings back home had a second story or huge windows. Everything about this place was amazing.

It only took us 10 minutes to reach Subsector D, but this time I wished it lasted longer. I wanted the dart to make an entire loop around the city, with a tour guide pointing out all of the important landmarks. Maybe I could convince Vox Bly to show me around.

My escort lead me off the dart and in the station. He started to look around, "Okay, there should be another guard around here that will take you from here." He pointed, "There he is." He lead me to the other guard who was tall and muscular, overall very intimidating. He looked to be a few years older than me, probably in his mid-twenties. His brown hair was combed and parted in regulation with guard protocol.

"Emmary Eaton, birthing number 45729 escorted by Captain Romero, birthing number 92749. Arrival time, " He looked down at his watch, "1:27. I officially hand Emmary Eaton, birthing number 45729 to Captain Pike, birthing number 38229."

Captain Pike nodded, "I, Captain Pike, birthing number 38229, at 1:27, accept the responsibility of Emmary Eaton's, birthing number 45729, health and welfare from Captain Romero, birthing number 92749."

That was the most bizarre thing I think I have ever seen. Captain Romero smiled at me, "It's just for formality. Now you can run away and I won't be blamed, he will." He shoved his thumb in the direction of the other guard, who gave us a stern look. "Okay, well, I have to get going."

I nodded, "Thanks."

He smiled, "I was just doing my job." With that Captain Romero turned on his heel and started walking in the other direction.

Captain Pike was still frowning at me. "Where are you from?"

"Sector 16F."

He didn't say anything else. "My orders are to take you to the Bly's sylist first so he can make you more presentable."

I looked down at my dress, at Teyland's dress. "What's wrong with the way I look?"

He shrugged, "For starters, you look like you've been crying for the last few hours, and you need a more appropriate outfit for tonight's festivities."

"What festivities?"

"The Blys are having a dinner party to welcome you."

"What the hell is a dinner party?" It certainly sounded like something I didn't want to be a part of.

He gave me a confused look, and said his answer uncertain if it was the answer I was looking for. "A party that serves dinner." After a pause he said, "It will be fine. People eat, drink and mingle. They just want to get to know you."

I was right. I defiantly didn't want to go to some party and mingle with strangers. All I wanted to do was crawl into a bed and hide from the world. Maybe when I went to sleep, all of this would just be a dream and I'd wake up in Koontz's arms under our favorite tree."Why do they have to have a party for that?"

Captain Pike smiled, "It's Sector 3, there's a party pretty much every night. Come on, this way." He started to lead me out of the station and into Subsector D. I froze when we stepped out of the self revolving door. No way was this all one Subsector. It looked bigger than I could ever fantasize it being. I stared at the ginormous buildings in awe. They seemed to be hundreds of stories high. Some buildings looked to be just four huge pieces of glass put together. "Miss. Eaton"

I heard Captain Pike's voice and immediately jumped me back into what was happening, "What?"

He motioned me to come with his hand, "Come on, we're going to be late." I took a few hurried steps to close the gap between us and then fell in synch with his quick paced stride.