Chapter 14

I wrote another chapter just after posting Chapter 13 - I felt bad for not writing a full smut scene, so I hope a new chapter makes up for it! 

"It's really not that great, is it?" He frowns at the sad looking slice of pizza in the box in front of him. I couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of me. He was laid across horizontally on the bed, in nothing but his grey boxers, with the pizza and beer we were sharing separating us. It certainly was a change from how I usually saw him – brooding, serious and wearing something black.

"I don't mind it." I take another bite of the sad looking, not-so-great slice of pizza.

"Blondie, it tastes like shit." He mutters, throwing his slice back into the box. "Let's order something a little better, okay? Maybe Chinese or burgers... I don't know. You should be eating better than this."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"It's fine." I huff, taking another swig of my light beer. "It's not completely messed up – there's some redeeming qualities to it."

"Oh yeah?" He lets out a small playful smile and I just relish in the lightness of him. He seemed so utterly happy. I shared how he felt.

"Yeah," I glance down at the slice, trying to find something there that could make him feel a little bit better. "I mean... it's not completely damp."

He sighs and shuts the pizza box.

"Let me get you something else."

I reach over and grasp onto his wrist.

"This is perfect, Zayn." I huff. "I'm really, really happy."

He seemed to relax a little and apprehensively reopened the pizza box.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." He mutters. "I just need to chill out."

"You're not wrong." I chuckle, removing my hand from his wrist.

After the shower, he carried me back to the exact bed we were laying on eating dinner and took away a single part of the identity I was trying to drop. It was everything I had hoped and dreamed of – if not more and I knew he felt the same. It didn't take too long for us to do it again right after.

I felt everything. Small yet insignificant pain in my backside, love-bites on my neck and a feeling all over my body that exuded pure joy.

Nothing felt incredibly different. I didn't see the light of heaven or the flames of hell come to get me. It was simply a human experience and one that I'm not sure could get any better.

It was quiet for a while. He had a quaint smile to his lips and kept looking from the duvet cover to my eyeline while tapping his finger on the bottle of beer beside him. He clearly had something on his mind – I just couldn't quite put my finger on what.

"What are you going to do, Blondie?" He huffs out. "I mean, tomorrow?"

"I'm not going to leave you; I know that much." I reassure him. "Whatever you do, I will."

He smiles but soon after shakes his head.

"You can't do the things I'm going to do tomorrow." He says huskily.

I sigh.

"Then... Then I'll go for a walk somewhere. I've never been to this town before." I sit myself up a little straighter. "And from what I've seen, it's lovely."

He snorts.

"The place is a shithole." He chuckles. "This is only a stopover."

"A stopover? But Harry said-"