Chapter 137: The Reawakening (EP. 04)

Comincia dall'inizio

"No thank you."

"Strain him, if you must," Kristoff heard Aiden order, "He's stronger than what he looks like. He's also the only possible culprit we can find."

"Crystal, sir."

Kristoff fully stands up and approached the duo, "You both are back early. Did something went wrong in the forest?"

Elsa was the one who answered the blonde first, "The Earth Giants have volunteered to restore whatever they can. The damaged crops, the trees, every single thing that captive destroyed."

"My gut twists whenever I'm around that guy," Aiden gravely spoke, "What makes me confused was that when he attacked us, his facial expression seemed like he didn't want to do it at all."

"He attacked you?!" Kristoff bellowed in disbelief.

"Believe it or not, he did. He seemed like he can use a sword quite nicely..."

"You managed to observe his abilities when you were in the state of bleeding?" Elsa groaned.

"Now, now," Aiden crooned, holding his irritated wife closer, "Don't we have better things to attend to, beautiful?"

"Buttering me up will do you no good," Elsa shot back with that adorable sass Aiden loved to witness, "I'll be with Anna if you need me," After one last peck on his cheek, the ice queen departed from the two men carrying an air of grace as she did so.

Aiden whistled rather too loudly as she walked on further, noticing how her hips slightly sway as she stride on.

No longer than a few moments; a hefty snowball met his cheek from his wife's direction.

The troop of guards suppressed their strained laughter at their King's current situation, while the General himself was boisteriously guffawing behind the Lieutenant.

"She got me," Aiden chuckled, his hand warming up his cold, flushed cheek, "She got me."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                        NURSERY

"My beautiful Aria, did you miss mama?"

Auriana stared back at her in exchange, her little arms barely wrapping around her mother's pale skinned neck. Her round green eyes blinked and batted its lashes before the ice queen's.

Her daughter's eyes just reminded Elsa how heart fluttering it felt like when she gazed at her husband for the first time.

Elated by how precious the little girl was, Elsa took a moment to bump their noses together to grab the opportunity to dwell at the dark depths of her daughter's innocent pupils.

Her thumb trailed across her daughter's cold cheeks; which are no longer wrinkly and flushed like it used to be when she was no more than a new born.

The small princess raised an aimless hand onto her mother's chin, a bright spark of awe lighting her eyes up from its drowsy state.

And, for a momentous second, Elsa finally saw the toothless crescent her child's lips formed into.

This tiny little being who's worth more than any buried gold just smiled at her.

That smile... It looked so familiar...

(A/N: The picture below does not belong to me. Credits to the on who owns it.)

Of course, Elsa softly planted a kiss on the little girl's head, I wasn't wrong at all when you were born to me

"Hey Els... Sorry to interrupt..."

Her blue irises widened before the new people that just entered the room, "I kind of promised Honeymaren and Yelana a tour around the castle."

She bit back a groan, and she could've sworn she saw the ginger smirk beneath a skittish grin.

"Oh, it's alright," She tried to look away, "Go on as you wish."

"Wow, Elsa," Honeymaren gushed, leaning over the other crib quietly, "They both look so much like you."

"You should be proud," The tribe leader gently took a closer look over the child in the Fifth Spirit's arms, "I consider children as their parents’ legacy."

"How old are they? One month?" Honeymaren questioned curiously.

"Two months," Elsa meekly corrected.

"Woah... They look so tiny. What are their names?"

"Chandler and Auriana," Anna proudly announced, "We call the baby girl Aria for short."

"And how does it feel to be a mother?"

"Maren," Yelana scolded, "Don't bombard her with unnecessary questions."

"No, no, it's okay," Elsa giggled, hoisting her daughter up a little.

To be a mother... How does it really feel?

"I used to have this fear," Elsa began slowly, "This lone fear that I might not be able to love my child just as much as I love anyone else. The what if's, they stayed with me straight up for nine months. Aiden and I didn't plan this to happen, so we were both shocked and overwhelmed.

"My pregnancy went smoothly, but that night when I felt a sharp pain... Life was about be gained while another was about to die."

"Y-you didn't..." Honeymaren gasped, her face paling after realizing what the ice queen meant.

Elsa could only nod sadly, "Aria was luckily revived, but my bleeding... It couldn't stop. And here on I thought there are worst things that could wreck my husband's heart."

Honeymaren sadly frowned, "Then what happened?"

"... Everything turned out fine, I guess. We pretended like it didn't happen, but there are some moments where we couldn't help but feel so reminded about it."

She smiled softly as she found her daughter's closed lids.

"But you know what, that near death experience just proved that even though this princess didn't inherit my powers, she had Aiden's ability to beat death."