Chapter 137: The Reawakening (EP. 04)

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

                        :  𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 
             𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐖 𝐀 𝐊 𝐄 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 🌀

𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗 - 𝕿𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

ARENDELLE COURTYARD

"Come on Ryder, you don't have to be shy now!"

The burly blonde urged his bashful Northuldran friend with a rough slap on his muscled back, his other arm motioning over to the other sweating troop of frequently trained guards.

The former mountain man is sweating copiously himself, and the damp towel was soaked as it already is which is hung around his neck.

"W-well, if you say so..." He reluctantly took a step forward before sitting beside the dehydrated General of Arendelle.

"The sun's gone mad today, no?" Magoo chugged down a whole mug of water, before sluggishly slamming it back down on the table, "If it wasn't for Lars here who insisted to take at least twenty laps I wouldn't be as dry as heck."

"Hey, you haven't fenced for two weeks and you want to grow more fats and less muscles?"

"Cut it off, you two," Matthias huffed, "I apologize in their behalf, Ryder."

"Now that's just taking it too much—"

Kristoff laughed loudly at the comrades’ behavior, "Ignore their antics. No matter how childish they may act, they are still Arendelle's most elite combatants."

"You said it, princey," Magoo held out a sweaty hand, "Pleasure to meet you, Ryder. General Magoo of Arendelle."

While Ryder gladly shook his hand, Lars nodded meekly at him as he folded his arms, "Captain Lars of the Arendellian Royal Guard."

"It's nice to meet all of you," Ryder shyly scratched his head, "Do you often work out like this?"

"Every eight o'clock, hun," A buff guard at the end of the table responded, "We've even stepped up to a whole new level just so we can make it up to Their Majesties."

"Their Majesties? You mean Elsa and Aiden?" Ryder curiously queried.

"Indeed, lad. Was it just a few weeks ago when the Royal Heirs were kidnapped by the gone-for-good jerk..."

The guard beside him gave him a hard elbow, "Hey now! Don't remind us of that awful night. I can still hear his Majesty's voice booming in my mind. Can't we just be thankful that the heirs were recovered?"

"Royal... Heirs? Kidnapped? Jerk?"

"Oh, right," Kristoff grinned, "Throwing the ‘jerk’ and ‘kidnapped’ aside, You'll meet them later. Anna promised you and Honeymaren a tour around the castle, am I right?"

"IT'S THE KING AND QUEEN!"

Kristoff tensed up as he whirled his head towards the gates' direction. He squinted and found faint outlines of two healthy steeds are galloping forward within the coast.

The entire troop of guards tossed away their towels and threw on their uniforms, courteously forming in two seperate lines with a space in between before holding up their hands in a steadfast salute.

"S-should we do that as well?" Ryder blankly questioned.

"Nah," His friend remained insouciant, "For starters, you're an esteemed guest. And I'm technically their brother in law. Want a drink?"