12» Kim Sohye & The Match

Almost 3000 words

Monthly Taekwondo Evaluation

Seoul Youngjin School Hall

Third person's pov

Y/N sat down on the floor next to Sohye and had to squeeze a bit with other students.

The students were waiting patiently for their names to be called and most of them are nervous.

Who wouldn't?

What if you break a pinky from this evaluation? Just to get a colored fabric belt if you kick someone's ass?

Okay whatever back to the evaluation anyways.

"Kim Boram" the teacher called out a female student with green belt "Song Eomji" he called a taller female student with yellow belt.

The evaluation mostly random, it ranged from a senior versus a junior then student versus student with different belt rank color.

It's unfair but it's the part of the training of Taekwondo.

The match was quite tensed and nerve breaking, both students looked like they were gonna break the school's roof.

Maybe the Boram kid was going to throw the Eomji girl to the roof.

After two minutes of sparring with three rounds each with one minute rest between each round, Mr Song Wonjeun blew his whistle loudly.

His ugly habit actually.

Everyone ears probably bled from the sound of it and they hissed as a physical response to the sound.

They rested for few minutes while Mr Song Wonjeun was discussing with other teacher who should be next.

Few seconds later, Mr Wonjeun stood up straight and blew his goddamn whistle that can cause ears to bleed.

He cleared his throat "Alright, next is Kim Sohye versus Ahn Jiyoon" he announced loudly.

"Kim Sohye from white belt and Ahn Jiyoon from green belt" he announced again.

Ahn Jiyoon? Y/N thought and panicked a little bit because Ahn Jiyoon used to had a beef with Sohye when they were in middle school.

The Jiyoon bitch herself is a green belt bitch.

Y/N looked at Sohye with concerns but Sohye just brushed off her worries with a bright lip smile.

She stared at her friend "Don't worry Y/N ah, I'll be fine and I will be upgrade to a yellow belt" Sohye stated energetically.

Sohye had her hope and Y/N had her hope low for Sohye but she wanted to refused to question Sohye's confidence.

"But-" Y/N said.

"It's fine my friend" Sohye said while shaking her head after she cut Y/N's word off.

She got up, walked to the mat that was placed in the middle of the hall as Ahn Jiyoon came face to face with her.

Ahn Jiyoon was looking at Sohye with a dead facial expression while Sohye probably trying to build up her confidence and strength.

Couldn't lie that Y/N felt nervous for her best friend even though there's nothing she can do about it.

Both of them got ready and stared into each others eyes while waiting for the order to start of.

Jiyoon bowed down to Sohye as Sohye reciprocated the action.