Poetic Justice ₪ VI

Start from the beginning

"You right I better come along, mess around with you he's going to be sleeping on a bed of rocks."

As I continued to finish the kitchen, Jasmine got Mijo ready for the day. Mijo don't really like people who haven't been around him much. But he seemed to pull to Jasmine pretty quick. I laughed watching them play because he was being a little rough jumping on her and shit, he's just like his daddy ain't no doubt that's not mine.

We went out to the mall together and shopped around at different stores and warehouses looking for the right bed for him. He didn't really want to leave his crib so I told him if he doesn't find himself a big boy bed today he's sleeping outside tonight. Little kids believe any damn thing.

"Mijo what about this bed, it's a race car you like that?" Jasmine suggested.

"No!"

"Well tell Ms. Jasmine what you like so we can find it for you."

"Buzz Light Year and Batman!" Mijo shouted happily.

Jasmine took him by the hand and eventually we came across this Batman bed, it was pretty dope too. The signal was carved into the headboard, it had designs all around the bed, and little buttons on the side that had different sayings. When we ordered it I had it customized to add a few more things done to it and told the person I needed it delivered within a few hours.

Usually they don't do that, but for me they promised to deliver. Mijo was so excited for his bed, I was glad Jasmine was there because once we got back to the house I re-painted the walls and gave it this kid friendly Gotham City look. I finished it just in time too because the movers came to bring the bed up, I surprised Mijo with his new room and he loved it.

"Awe this is so cute that you did this for him, I'm impressed. I hope when I have kids I have somebody as good as you. Brielle and Mijo are really lucky."

"Nah, I'm limited edition baby . You can't find any of this out there, I just guess you going to have to take a cheap imitation."

She grinned letting out a laugh while stepping close to me. "Why take an imitation when I can just take the original?"

I smiled. "Warehouse is all out, it'll probably be a while till we restock."

She laughed. "Let me get out of here before you say something else that's going to get you in trouble, I'm seeing you and Keeis tonight though right?"

"Yeah we'll be there, here let me walk you to the door." I said picking up Mijo along the way.

"Let me know when you're there and don't keep me waiting . . . Bye cutie!" Jasmine waved at Mijo then kissed me on the cheek.

"That new Mommy?" Mijo questioned.

"No, not at all why would you say that?"

"Jasmine kissy you like Mommy. She plays like Mommy does. Is mommy going bye?"

"No, she'll never be your mommy .I love your mommy very much but that lady was just my friend, I would never leave your mommy."

"Promise?" Mijo asked staring at me with his big blue eyes.

I looked at him wondering why he would even bring this up "Promise, now let's go upstairs and wait for her to come home so she can see what daddy did."

What does this boy see that I don't? Jasmine feels for me and I kind of like her too but I wouldn't leave Brielle for her, I can't be held responsible for what slips out my mouth.

________________
________

"So tell me how you doing nigga, I feel like I haven't seen you in years.• Keeis said riding beside me as we rode out to Club Tru.