Holding Onto You Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

Just then the door bell rang. "I'll get it." I said and jumped up walking toward the front door. What and epic save by the bell. I really didn't want to talk about Hunter right now. With all the crazy feelings going on in my heart, I didn't want to see him till Monday.

With that thought I opened the door and came face to face with the cause of my distress.

"Hunter? Hey man how nice of you to visit. Hello Mrs. Haynes, please come in." I spoke calmly but my mind was going insane.

"Hello Vincent I hope we're not disturbing." Anna replied in her sweet voice and it mentally calmed me down a little.

"Not at all." I smiled at her.

"Hey Vince." Hunter said and I looked at him to see that he was looking a little nervous.

I led them to the kitchen and mum and dad both got huge grins when they saw Hunter.

"Oh what a pleasant surprise Hunter." Mum was all over him, giving him a hug and kissing his red cheeks. "You're going to live for a hundred years, we were just talking about you. I was just telling Vincent what a sweet boy you are, right Vince?"

"Yeah mum, sweet as candy." Why was I feeling so strange being in the same room as Hunter. Something didn't feel right.

Mum and dad greeted Anna and mum immediately put the kettle to boil for tea.

The three of them started talking and Hunter and I just stood awkwardly not saying anything.

"Hunter." Anna called and he looked up.

"Yes mum?" He sounded so nervous.

"Are you not going to ask Vince if he saw your cellphone?" She asked him.

His cellphone? I didn't see his phone anywhere. "Did you loose your phone?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah, uh mum don't worry Vincent will look for it for me, we'll be right back." He put his hand out towards me and I took it not knowing where I'm suppose to take him. "Vince come with me to the living room for a minute, maybe it's there."

I shrugged and led him to the living room and he immediately pulled me to one side.

"I don't see your phone." I looked around but it wasn't anywhere.

"Forget my phone Vince, there's something I need to talk to you about." He sounded panicked.

"Okay let's go to my room." I took his hand in mine again and pulled him up to my room.

When we entered, I shut the door and turned to Hunter.

"Something is wrong Vincent." He immediately burst out.

"What do you mean." My day is crappy and something is not right for him.

"I don't know, I don't understand I just know that something is wrong. Last night was amazing with Finn and this morning he came to visit and had breakfast and I spent the whole morning with him. Although I told my parent's he just my friend. He's my boyfriend Vince. I'm suppose to be excited. But the whole day I've been missing something. It's so weird. How was your day?"

Now I remember why I got drunk. But Finn is my best friend and I can't tell his boyfriend that I might have very strong feelings for him. "Rocking." I lied putting on a fake smile and then realising Hunter can't see it and face palming myself.

"Really?" He asked and I had to make him believe me.

"Really." I added a laugh to make it more believable. "Hunter you're thinking too much that's why you're confused. Finn will keep you very, very happy."