Holding Onto You Chapter 5

Hunter's pov

It has been three weeks since I started going to school and I've once again formed a routine but this time I'm not complaining. I'm doing well in school and the teachers are very impressed. Vincent and his friends help me all the time and I think I can actually say that for the first time in my life, I have friends. They may not consider me one of their best pals yet but just being able to hang out with them even if it's just in school is more then I could ask for. No one besides Mr. Smith and Vincent knew that Heather was my sister and it's better and safer if it stayed that way. Of course Vincent did ask why we don't get along and I told him that we're siblings, we're supposed to not get along. Telling him the truth would be disastrous. Tyler, Alex and Sarah were all I heard everywhere I went. During lunch, study hall, most of my lessons, gym. It's like they were tempting me to go over and talk to them. Although Vincent being the reason they didn't attempt to talk to me was kind of annoying. I mean he might be a great guy who I'm very grateful to have met, but I came to high school for myself and I can decide who I want to be friends with. And if I could survive school without being run down, literally, I can man up and go over to say hi. And that's what I was about to do today.

It was Monday and I was sitting in study hall. All the football players had to go meet their couch to discuss something and Vincent being the captain had to go so he left me with Mark who would be filled in later. I tried convincing him that I didn't need any one staying but he insisted. I could hear the trio talk about their weekend which I would have thought they spent together since they're in school together all the time. Tyler was very loudly and very enthusiastically explaining to Alex and Sarah how he went hunting with his dad and brother and was chased by a bear. Why he would be so enthusiastic about that, I have no idea.

Mark was telling me about how a guy proposed to his girlfriend in the restaurant he works at and that he thought it was the most romantic thing ever. "You should have seen it Hunter, I mean heard it, ugh you know what I mean. You should have just been there, you could actually feel the happiness the guy felt when his girlfriend said yes."

"I know what you mean and I'm sure it was as beautiful as you say. Speaking of new relationships, I want to get more friends. More specifically Tyler, Alex and Sarah. And you're going to help me." Mark and I have gotten along quite well from all Vincent's friends and I'm sure he will help me.

"Are you serious, you want to be friends with Tyler Love. Flamboyant Tyler Love. Have you seen the guy? The way he dresses alone should tell you to stay as far away from him as possible. Everyone has become so used to his loud crazy voice that we just tune him out. I have no idea how Alex and Sarah can stand being around him all the time. I mean I'm not homophobic but he takes being gay to a totally different level. Honestly the further you stay away from him the better. You can be friends with Alex and Sarah but becoming friends with Tyler will be as good as signing your death certificate." Great and I thought Vincent would be difficult. Well he would have just said a simple "No" and it would be the end of the conversation. I'm sure I can sweet talk Mark. And what on earth does being gay mean.

"Mark buddy I'm sure you've figured by now that I'm blind. I cannot see how someone looks or dresses or anything for that matter. And making friends is very important for me right now in order for me to feel like I belong here. Not that I'm using any of you just because I need friends, I genuinely want friends. And I think Tyler is exactly what I need." I replied in my most sad voice. Let's hope my sad story works.

"Like how Spongebob needs Patrick?" Hold on that's not Mark's voice. My eyes widened when I realized it had been Tyler who spoke.

"Sorry?" I had no idea what he meant.

Suddenly I could feel his breath fanning my face and he spoke gently in my ear. My breath hitched in my throat as shivers went down my back. "You said you need me, like how Spongebob needs Patrick, or in a totally different way?" He whispered the last part leaning closer to me, making my heart beat faster for some crazy reason. Why was he causing my body to react like this? I mean he is a guy right? My mum always told me that I would find a girl and when she was near me I would know because my heart would beat faster and she would take my breath away. And that has already happened, but not with a girl. It happened with Tyler and it happened with... Vincent. What does that mean?