Holding Onto You Chapter 49

Vincent's pov

Hunter was the only person I thought about as I sat on the floor leaning against a wall with my right ankle chained to a pole. He really didn't need something else to blame himself for. It doesn't matter that Henry kidnapped me to get him, what he needed to remember was that I was strong enough to take care of myself.

He couldn't blame himself for what an obsessive sociopath does. Hunter will figure out it's him and see right through his acting.

I heard struggling and shouting outside before the door was opened. I was still a little dazed from being unconscious so I couldn't make out the voice and it was now dark outside so I couldn't see anything.

"Get in here you wimp. You better behave or I will not go easy on you." That bastard Henry spoke, making me want to stretch my ears out.

"Vincent." Brian finally walked through the door to my surprise.

"Brian." I panicked trying to get the chain open but I knew that it was impossible. So Kevin and Henry both had motives for this abduction.

"Yes you two love birds can reunite while I go back and enjoy myself some Hunter." He laughed. That laugh wasn't going to last very long.

He had a gun in his hand which prevented me from doing anything.

He pushed Brian down next to me and chained his left ankle to another pole.

"Don't be shy, make yourselves comfortable and enjoy, you are going to be here for quite a while." He snickered.

He left and I immediately hugged Brian. "What happened, how did he get you?"

"I went to my brother's daycare and when I got out he forced me into his car. Why would he kidnap me?" Brian didn't know Kevin was also involved.

"Kevin is actually the reason you are here. He cornered me when I went into town and Henry finished the job. Are you okay, did he hurt you?" I pulled him close to me and I felt safe.

"I'm fine, but if that bastard Kevin thinks he's going to get away with this he is going to be very shocked. Are you okay Vince?" His shaking seemed to stop.

"I'm okay. I didn't want you to be kidnapped at all but I'm glad I'm not alone, you know what I mean. But I promise you that I will not let them harm a hair on your body." I assured him.

"Vincent you don't have to always be the hero, you can be weak and it's okay. I don't want you to worry about me and not yourself. I want us to worry about each other but I don't want you to feel that you have to save me. We will be saved because we have people at home who love us but we will fight this together and we will protect each other okay, promise me." Even in a situation like this he was understanding and considerate.

I nodded pulling him closer. "We will get out of here and make them pay. They've messed with the wrong people. I have my whole football team who will make sure their captain is back safe. We have Finn and Hunter who will not sleep until we are back in their arms. We have our families who love us very much. Kevin had no guts to do anything all these months until he got help from Henry so he isn't a threat to us."

"Sometimes it's the ones who are not used to power that are the most dangerous. They are the ones who are impulsive and have no knowledge of how to handle a situation. I'm afraid of what might happen if he gets a hold of that gun." Brian said as he lay down on the ground and he was right.

I joined him and made him rest his head on my chest even though he protested because it would make me even more uncomfortable on the hard ground.

"I will sleep better if I know you are comfortable Brian, just listen to me." I insisted and he finally agreed.