Holding Onto You Chapter 34

Vincent's pov

Three months later

They say time heals all wounds but sometimes, some wounds only get deeper with time.

We went through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New year and it was now February but things still weren't the same.

Finn wasn't himself. Maybe it was that the person who beat him up wasn't caught but I felt like he was hiding something from me. He treated Hunter different. He was more protective of him and when ever Hunter wasn't with him he was always worried about him.

After the investigation was over Hunter and his family moved back into their house and Finn hated that. He wanted Hunter to live with him and even though he didn't give a proper reason why he wanted this, he just wanted to keep Hunter away from his house.

Hunter had gone with his family to New York for Thanksgiving due to his father's insistence even though Finn was released from hospital that same Wednesday. The whole time he was gone Finn was on edge and no matter how much I tried to keep him calm he didn't rest until Hunter was back.

When Finn started school after winter break the hardest thing to give up was football. Coach told him that it was just for a few months but even he knew that he didn't have the strength to play for the rest of the season. But his relationship with Hunter kept him going and they got closer and closer to each other everyday. So did Brian and I. We finally made love and it was amazing. We haven't been able to stop ever since. Well if he's not busy looking after his little brother Lucas. After waiting for a few weeks so all the paperwork could go through, four year old Lucas was brought home by Brian's parents and he was a charming little guy. He had the same hair and eye colour as Brian which made them look like biological brothers. But even Brian knew that love was stronger than blood.

Even though Brian and I were happy and really close, I felt like just like Finn he was also hiding something from me. He and Finn got close as well and they always seemed to be discussing something but whenever I asked they just said it's nothing important. Brian was elected vice president of the school and I was really happy for him. He finally got the respect and status that he deserved.

But no matter how close I got to Brian and no matter how much time we spent together and how happy we were, Hunter was still who my heart beat for. Hunter was still who I thought of all the time. Hunter was still the one I felt the most for. But I couldn't take him away from Finn, not at a time like this. He was who Finn survived for. He helped the most in Finn's recovery. Finn needed him, Finn was right for him.

I did try to stop myself from having all these feelings by staying away from Hunter but that was out of the question. He was with me the whole day at school and that was already enough but since school started again this year I've been giving Kerry tuition and guess who joined the class, Hunter. He didn't need it but he said that it made things easier for him. His eyes were getting heavy and strained recently and sometimes he couldn't focus at all on his work. So even though I didn't understand braille at all I helped him out as much as possible with my books and he did his work his way.

That's what we were doing right now in Leo's house sitting around his dining room table. He was giving me killer looks for flirting with his girlfriend but he needed to understand that I couldn't help it. Kerry was beautiful and sweet and funny and super hot. She had a killer personality and she and Hunter got along very well.

I was explaining a Math problem when Hunter decided his eyes needed a break. He was getting a headache and it really worried me how often these headaches happened.

"Maybe you should go have it checked out by a doctor." I told him as he stood up to stretch.

"No I'm fine I just haven't been sleeping well recently but once I get enough sleep I'll get better." He assured me.