Holding Onto You Chapter 48

Finn's pov

I was on my way to my locker after school to get a few things that I needed when Vincent placed Hunter's hand in my hand and blew me a kiss, rushing out of the building.

"Finn can I please catch a lift with you? My mum is stuck at work and Vincent has to go into town."
Hunter asked me, looking a little lost.

"Do you even need to ask? Come here." I led him to my locker. "I'll be a minute."

He seemed a little frantic trying to hide behind me.

"What's going on with you?" I asked him, shutting my locker once I was done.

"I'm hiding from Leo. Long story. Hide me if you see him." He replied.

"Let's go." I took his hand again and led him to my car. "Oh shoot he saw us and he's coming this way."

"Finn, Vincent told me to get a lift with you home because I came to school with him this morning." He informed me. "You can drop me off at Hunter's and I will walk." He joked.

"Sure thing dude, jump in." I told him and the three of us got in to my car.

"Have you heard from Henry again?" I asked Hunter who was in the passenger seat with Leo sitting at the back.

"No. If I answer and he's on the line I will cut it. I don't want to speak to him ever again." He replied, looking out the car. The direction he looked in didn't matter but I guess it was just a comfortable position for him.

"I was Vincent's side kick last night." Leo chipped in.

"Do you want me to kick you out of the car?" Hunter asked him and he immediately sat back, defeated.

"I don't even want to ask." I laughed as I reached Hunter's house.

We all got out and Leo thanked me and greeted us, heading to his house.

I pulled Hunter close to me and leaned against my car. "Is everything okay Hunt, why do you look so angry? Did Leo do something to upset you? I will make him disappear if he did anything to you. Tell me what's wrong."

"I can handle Leo, it's your best friend who I can't handle." He replied, resting his head on my chest.

"What did that idiot do?" I knew I couldn't trust him with Hunter.

He didn't answer and just buried his face in my chest.

What did Vincent do that is making Hunter snap at Leo? Vincent has been keeping Leo very close to him ever since his girlfriend's death. I thought back to the day of the funeral when I went to pick Vincent up for a drink and I saw Leo leaving his house and he looked very disheveled. It seemed like he was rushing out and trying to keep a low profile and when I got to Vincent's room he was taking a shower and he was exhausted. That could only mean one thing. I knew that Leo was seeking comfort in Vincent but I didn't know it would lead to that. No way would they...well actually this was Vincent I was talking about and I knew his habits very well. How could he cheat on Hunter? I thought back to the time I cheated on him with Brian and I felt a thousand times worse. But I trusted Vincent and I thought he would never betray Hunter.

I decided not to ask Hunter about it and upset him but I was going to have a very serious talk with Vincent and I was definitely going to make Leo disappear from his sight. He can not have everything he wants and not face the consequences.

"Hunter." We both stiffened and memories came flooding back as Hunter's father called his name.

"I'll see you tomorrow Hunt." I left him, wanting to get in my car but Hunter didn't let me go.