Holding Onto You Chapter 8

Vincent's pov

"You know darling I only think of you all the time, the way you smile, how your hair blows in the wind, it's always been you Sandy." I hope I got her name right.

"My name is Cary." She cried.

Damn. "Cary sweetheart I'm so captivated by your beauty that I can't even remember my own name."

"Really Vincent?" She is so damn easy it's pathetic.

"Really Cary." I pulled her in my arms and caressed her all over. The bell for lunch had just rang and I was waiting outside the English class for Hunter to finish talk with the English teacher. Today we were having an hour extra lunch which we had every term. Amy or judy or whatever her name was happened to be passing and so I decided to pass some time. I would have told one of the others to wait for him but after what happened earlier in study hall and him having a panic attack, I decided to take him outside for lunch so he didn't have to hear all the gossip about him. I really hope Brian stays out of my way so I don't get into another fight with him and his idiotic friends because Hunter told me he hates violence and I hated seeing him in that state. I've kind of developed a soft spot for him. Finn and the others are beginning to question me on my sudden change. I haven't had a fight or gotten angry in the past three weeks, I haven't snapped at anyone for irritating me, I've not used a vulgar word or insult in the past three weeks. I surprised even myself at how calm I was when Hunter had a panic attack because of Mark and Alex fighting. I'm glad I didn't react immediately and hit one of them because I don't want Hunter to know about my violent side. I've managed to keep the reason why I became his guide a secret so far, I just hope he doesn't find out. I guess he brings out my soft and kind and... caring side. Ugh that word sounds awful even in my head. I feel like I need to protect him for some reason, the way he hugged me earlier, how I was able to comfort him so easily, I guess he now matters to me as much as Tyler when it comes to protecting him, or maybe even more.

"Oh Vincent I can't believe this, I'm so happy." What's her name again said pulling me close to her.

"Believe it babe it's true." I replied pulling her closer. I was about to kiss her when Finn decided to be his idiotic self and spoil all my effort. I'm sure he does it on purpose.

"Oh Vincent." he said tapping me on my shoulder. I turned around to face him with murderous eyes and what's her name still in my arms. "I have a message for you from Kim, she said to tell you that she is waiting for you in the janitors closet down the hall and that you promised to meet her as soon as lunch begins and she cannot wait any longer she wants you there right now. She sounded really excited, you must have promised her quite a lot. Oh am I disturbing, were you busy?" He asked in fake guilt looking between me and the girl next to me with amusement.

Her face contorted with rage and she turned red with fury. "You jerk I actually believed you, how could I be so dumb, you're just a player. Get your hands off me you scumbag and don't talk to me again." She punched me in the gut and turned around storming away.

"Sammy I mean Mary oh what's your name?"

"Cary." Finn informed me. Like it even mattered because she was already gone.

"Oh shut up. Why did you have to do that? She was so sexy and hot and easy and now she won't even let me go near her. Don't punish me because you can't get some." I whined. Yes me Vincent the angry young man whines like a kid, but only to Finn so it's okay.

"Believe me Vince, she won't be able to resist your body even for one day. Go back to her after lunch and she is all yours guaranteed. But do you honestly want to waste your time with someone like her. You should be thanking me for getting rid of her. How long are you going to chase after these stupid girls." Here he goes again telling me I should 'settle down' with someone. I don't want a relationship. They are way too complicated.