Holding Onto You Chapter 3

Hunter's POV

This is it. This is what I have wanted all my life. A normal life. And now I can finally have it. Mum and I went with Vincent and Mr. Smith into his office to discuss what needs to be done in order for me to feel comfortable and safe as well as my schedule and other school stuff.

"Mrs. Haynes I can assure you that you have brought your son to the right school. Our school is one of the best schools here in Westlake Village, California. And I can also assure you that Vincent Stone will do an excellent job in ensuring Hunter's well being. Hunter is going to have the same schedule as Vincent and he will also sit with Vincent during lunch who will make sure he has something to eat. Vincent will keep Hunter's locker organized and escort Hunter anywhere he wants to go, be it the bathroom, to talk to a teacher or simply to take a walk." Mr. Smith explained and it sounded more like he was giving Vincent a punishment but I shrugged it of. Vincent wouldn't do this as a punishment right? I mean he seemed determined to do it when he took my hand in his and agreed. And it's for one whole year so if he did something that bad he would be expelled.

"That's all good with me Sir although I'm sure Hunter won't need my assistance in the bathroom." Vincent joked, giving me a light punch on my arm but I could hear the horrified fear in his voice.

The way he said my name and where his hand touched my arm sent shivers through me for some odd reason. "That's correct, I do not need assistance in the bathroom. Guiding me to the door will be enough." I said more seriously.

"Very well then." Mr. Smith said, sounding relieved before he and mum begun discussing more important things. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned in the direction of Vincent.

"Hi I'm Vincent, captain of our football team and the star player as well as the most popular guy in school. I have a reputation here so you better not mess up. All the girls here love me and the boys fear me. You are to respect me and follow my every command. Mess with me and it will be the biggest mistake you make in your life." Vincent introduced himself and I must tell you I was more amused than afraid. "So, you're blind?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Well just so you know, I'm hot."

"I'm sure you are." I said, trying to hide my smile. Looks like I'm stuck with an arrogant conceited football player for the year. What have I gotten myself into.

"I'm Hunter, I don't play sports for obvious reasons, my popularity and reputation rank high in my neighborhood. Popular for being blind, full stop. All the guys only fear I'll get injured so they stay far away and I don't know any girls for them to love me unless you count my mum. I'll respect anyone who respects me and I'll need you to guide me to your every command because I won't be able to follow anything." I retorted, trying not to laugh. "Oh and I have no idea if I'm hot or not."

As I suspected, my retaliation did not please him as I heard him growl but he made no comment.

"Hunter my man are you ready, it's time for class, ahh I guess class is over, it's time for lunch. Are you ready to step into the cafeteria and be drowned by thousands of students?" Mr. Smith asked as the bell rang.

"If you put it that way then no." I answered, that feeling of anxiety back.

"Sweetheart you'll be fine. Vincent is going to look after you and when ever you need me just call me and I'll be here. If ever you feel like getting away just come to Mr. Smith's office, I'm sure he won't mind. You can do this Hunter I know you can." Mum told me, pulling me into yet another bone crushing hug. She kissed me on my forehead before stepping away. "I have to get to work but I'll be waiting for you after school to pick you up. Don't forget to call me every hour okay. I love you."