6

Alex made his way over to the sofa where they usually sat and found Georgie who was eating her lunch, luckily Alex had picked his up on the way and now had a good amount of time to eat it. "Hi G" he said sitting down next to her. "Hey al, you good?" Georgie asked, "yeh not bad, todays been a good day so far, what about you?". "Well my patients being sent home on Sunday if everything stays the same. Jake said I won't get another on Monday as they've said they won't accept anyone other than urgent patients on Monday so I'll be free for perrie the whole day on your day off!" Georgie explained. "That's quite useful to be honest, your patient doesn't need you in half an hour does he by any chance?" Alex asked, "nope, he ate his lunch in the canteen and he's gone to the patients common room for the next few hours, he loves it in there and the staff on duty in there always say how he's absolutely fine so I'm not worrying about leaving him there" Georgie said. "I was wondering if you'd come along to perries room with me and meet her. I've told her about you and said I thought it would be a good idea for her to meet you and once I'd said how nice you are she seemed okay with the idea of meeting you",
"Yeah of course I will, hows she been today after being up last night?" Georgie asked, "actually she's been alright, she's a lot more comfortable talking to me about her mum and family which is useful because I think it's her thoughts about them that get into her head and end up making her upset." Alex said, "we went outside this morning and she was telling me about how forget me nots were her mums favourite flower, they obviously have a big impact on her whenever she sees them because she said she often thinks it was a sign" he added, "oh bless, I can see why she'd think that though" Georgie sympathised, "yeah me too, I told her to try and connect them to happy memories with her mum so she wouldn't have to think about the reasons her mum liked them. She also spoke about her brother and half sister, which was nice" alex said. "I didn't know she had a sister" Georgie said puzzled, "yeah half sister on her dads side, she said her dad doesn't like her to talk to perrie and neither does her dads wife so she'll try and send texts to her sneakily. It's a shame because I think perrie gets on really well with Jonnie and Caitlin" alex explained. "Can't they come and visit her? Or at least Jonnie?" Georgie asked, "yeah, I told perrie I'll give Jonnie a call next week and see if he can arrange with Caitlin to come and visit, obviously without her parents knowing because I don't think they'd let that happen" alex laughed a little. "I hope they can get it sorted, she seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the few days she's known you and I think that seeing her family would really help" Georgie said.

They sat talking for a while longer and were joined by jade after about ten minutes, "hey guys" jade smiled as she sat down with them, "hey jade" the two said at the same time, "how much longer have you got left before you need to go?" Jade asked, "al has about 10 more minutes, I have until my patient presses the blue button to say he's ready to go back to his room which will be a few hours but I'm going with Alex to meet perrie" Georgie explained, "oh right, I've got a while as well, mines just gone for a nap, she's been outside and it's worn her out" jade smiled, "do you think we'll get much time tonight? To chat before we go to bed?" Alex asked, "I'm going home as soon as it's been lights out" jade replied, "yeah I'm going home tonight as well, I'm trying not to stay too many nights" Georgie explained, "oh right well I probably won't see you tonight then jade, but have a good nights sleep please, don't stay up texting us" alex laughed, "can't make a promise if I can't be sure I'll keep it" jade replied with a smirk. "Anyway we better go, I told perrie half an hour and we've gone over by five minutes" alex said, "see you jade". "Bye you two have fun" jade smiled.

Alex and Georgie walked down the corridor to perries room, "when we get there I'll go in and make sure she's alright and everything if you don't mind waiting outside for a minute or two. I don't want to just spring a new person on her out of the blue" alex said, "oh yeah that's fine" Georgie smiled. When they finally got to the room alex knocked on the door and let himself in, "hey" he smiled as he walked in, "hi" perrie smiled back, "how you feeling?" He asked, "a little tired, but ok" perrie said quietly, "have you been drawing?". "Yeah, I drew the flowers outside" perrie said ducking to the page she'd just finished, "wow. That's amazing, you're really talented you know" Alex said. "Thanks" perrie blushed. "Are you happy to meet Georgie now? She's outside but I can ask her to come back later if you prefer" alex asked, "no it's fine, she can come in now" perrie said quietly, "I can tell you're getting more anxious, I promise it won't be that bad, you don't even have to talk that much if you don't want to, just relax and be yourself" alex said in an attempt to calm perrie down. "ok" she smiled a little. Alex stood up and opened the door for Georgie, she walked into the room and smiled at perrie, "hi, it's lovely to meet you" she said, "hi" perrie said quietly. "You sit on the chair, I'll sit on the edge of the bed" alex said to Georgie. She took a seat opposite perrie and immediately spotted the sketchbook, "can I have a look through this? I love art" she asked, Perrie looked around for a few seconds before nodding at her. Georgie began to flick through the book and came to the page where Perrie had drawn Alex sat in front of her, "is this alex? It's so realistic" she said, "it's amazing perrie!". "Thanks" perrie whispered, she was becoming more comfortable with Georgie being in the room but she felt she had to talk and she really didn't want to. As Georgie continued to look through the sketchbook Alex noticed tears in perries eyes, he gave her a small wave hoping to get her attention, she looked towards him a little. "You okay?" He mouthed, Perrie shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know if she was or wasn't ok. Alex held his hand out and perrie gladly took hold of it, it brought her much more comfort than you could ever imagine, when she was holding his hand or talking to him she just felt like everything was going to end up ok.