30

The next two days flew by, alex woke up to his alarm at around 7am. He quickly turned the alarm off not wanting to disrupt perries sleep and stood up from the bed, he took himself downstairs and made breakfast before letting the dogs outside and making his way back upstairs. It didn't take him long to get ready, he chose a pair of black suit trousers along with a light grey polo shirt, his dress code was smart casual so he felt as though that fit the criteria fairly well. Alex mentally cursed himself when he accidentally let go of the wardrobe door to quick making it slam shut, he heard movement behind him and turned around to see perrie sat up a little opening her eyes. "Sorry baby I didn't mean to wake you up" he said sympathetically walking over to the bed and giving her a kiss, "it's alright, what time are you leaving?" Perrie asked, "I need to leave about ten to eight, I start at eight thirty" alex said, "you'll be home for tea won't you?" Perrie said, "yeah babe, I should finish up about five thirty so I'll be home just after six. Do you want me to get a takeaway on my way back here?" Alex suggested, "I can cook something for us, it's fine" perrie smiled, "you sure?", "yep, it'll give me something to do to keep busy whilst you're gone" she said.

"You're still feeling ok about being here on your own aren't you?" Alex asked, "yeah, I think I'll be ok, especially with the dogs here" perrie said, "I'm sure you'll be just fine, remember my mum is just at the end of the phone for if you need anything, anything at all. And I'll text you on my break and lunch" alex explained, "don't worry I'll ring her if I need her" perrie said softly, "you can go back to sleep if you want p, I'm only going down to let the dogs in and get my shoes on and then I'm leaving" alex said, "I might for a little while if I can, send the dogs up here once they're in, I want cuddles" perrie smiled, "I will, anyway I better get a move on, I'll see you tonight gorgeous, I love you" alex said, "good luck I hope it goes well, I love you more" perrie said giving alex a quick kiss before lying back down. She was joined by the dogs a few minutes later and heard the front door shut around the same time, "hey babies" she smiled as the three dogs jumped up onto the bed, Otis immediately curled himself up where Alex had been lying, his head next to the pillow. Leo took the spot next to Otis and lay down with his head resting on perries shoulder whilst Hatchi occupied the small space on the other side of perrie. It only took a few more minutes for perrie to fall back to sleep surrounded by the dogs.

She woke up again around an hour later, the dogs all still by her but in different positions. She got dressed in some leggings and a hoodie knowing she'd most likely be staying in all day and wanting to be comfy, once she was dressed perrie made her way downstairs and got herself some breakfast taking herself over to the sofa to eat it infront of the tv.
She spent two hours watching a series on netflix and then decided she'd empty the dishwasher and put everything away so Alex didn't have to when he got home in the evening, it was after finishing up in the kitchen that she started to feel a bit anxious, she had nothing to occupy her mind and couldn't decide on anything else to watch meanwhile the dogs were becoming increasingly restless but she didn't feel ready to go out on her own yet. She sat down and placed her head in her hands letting a few tears escape her eyes, she took some deep breaths like Alex had done with her so many times and allowed herself to calm down before looking at the time, it had just gone 12pm.

After thinking about what to do for a little while longer perrie decided the best thing to do was to phone Wendie, she picked up her phone from the table and tapped on wendies number. "Hello" Wendie answered, "hi Wendie" perrie said, "are you ok love? Do you need anything?" Wendie asked immediately, "uhm I'm ok yeah, I just think the dogs could do with a walk but I don't think I'll manage going out on my own. Are you busy?" Perrie said, "I'm not busy at all, I'll be over in about fifteen minutes ok? You're feeling ok aren't you? Taking care of yourself?" Wendie asked, "yeah not too bad, I had a little wave of anxiety about half an hour ago but nothing major and I think I'm ok now" perrie explained, "ok good, well you get yourself ready and the dogs too and I'm just about to leave so won't be long" Wendie said, "ok see you soon" perrie smiled "bye love". Perrie went and grabbed her coat and slipped her phone into her pocket before putting on some shoes and grabbing the dogs leads from the utility room. The dogs were quick to notice this and all ran over to perrie as soon as she appeared back in the entrance of the house, she clipped their leads onto their collars. A few minutes later the doorbell rang, perrie opened the door and greeted wendie before stepping outside and locking the door behind her, "do you want me to hold one of them?" Wendie asked, "please" perrie smiled, Wendie took hold of Otis' lead knowing the other two would probably walk a similar spend to each other, "how've you been today?" Wendie asked as they started walking, "not too bad, better than I thought I would be" perrie said, "well that's good isn't it" Wendie smiled, "have you kept yourself busy?" She added, "yeah I watched some tv for a while and then put some stuff away in the kitchen, it was when I stopped doing stuff that I started to feel a bit anxious" perrie explained. "You know it's good that you managed to calm yourself down and think up a plan of what to do to keep yourself busy" Wendie smiled, "yeah, I guess" perrie said.