Chapter 7: Suga Winfrey

Comincia dall'inizio

I could see Jin making mental notes from where he sat, I already feel bad for the poor man. I'm a really picky eater, so I probably shouldn't mention the vast list of food that I despise.

Taehyung nods and so it moves on to Yoongi. "Do you play any instruments?" he asks quietly, resting his chin on Jimin's shoulder.

I think back to my high school days, feeling a small pang in my chest. "I play piano mainly, but I can also play drums and marimba. My high school went to competitions a lot for drumline, so we did a lot of training and a LOT of hot afternoons were spent trying not to bleed on the mallets."

I miss how it felt to hold some mallets, two in each hand and just wow the crowd with runs and visuals. The feeling of the wood between my fingers and how they made such a beautiful sound on the mahogany keys.

"But I'm sure you already know about the piano thing, Yoongi. Namjoon told me last night that you had bought that piano for me, thank you for that." I say with a slight smile.

His face flushes a little before he hides behind Jimin. "It was nothing," Yoongi says with a deadpan expression.

"Of course, Yoongi. It was absolutely nothing. Not like you're a famous idol who can just throw money around like Oprah. You get a piano! You get a piano! We all get pianos!" I joke dramatically, throwing my arms out for effect.

"Yoongi hyung, will you buy me a piano?" Jungkook asks, his eyes lighting up.

"No." Yoongi says sternly while giving me a dirty look, and Jungkook pouts from the rejection. He looks so cute, like a child who was told they couldn't go out and play because it was raining.

Next is Jimin. "What was your dream before you joined us?" He asks, and all of the members nod in agreement, causing him to grin proudly at his question.

I had to think about that one. I was honestly just trying to get my basic classes out of the way before I joined, I had kind of an idea but I wasn't sure how to go about it.

"Career wise? I really love fashion so I was hoping to become some kind of designer, but I was never sure on how I'd get to that point, and honestly I could still do it as a hobby. Performing was always fun so I could have also gone into drama for musicals and such or singing," I say, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

They all nod as I explain, and Namjoon asks, "but what about life wise?"

Oh god, how do I explain this one? My face begins to heat up as I try to think my way out of this one. It's nothing bad, like prostitution or anything, but it's not exactly grand either.

"Ah well, this is kind of embarrassing," I admit before continuing. "But I really wanted to be a housewife. You know, have a family and cook and clean like women used to in the old days. I wouldn't have minded living in a world where the women stayed home and took care of the house and however many goddamn little demons they produced."

This causes laughter to erupt from the guys, while Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung hang their heads from experience since they have younger siblings.

"That's honestly not what I was expecting," Jin said after everyone calmed down. "I would have thought you would have gone into something more ambitious?"

Damn the one of many times I'm going to thank the autocorrect because I literally put ambitchous. Good job, Author-chan.

"Maybe but most of what I like to do can also be done from home, save for performing. I just want to have someone to take care of." I respond in a soft tone, and soon the rest of the group awws while both Taehyung and Namjoon hug me from the side.