❧ one fine day in japan (ep. 1)

"After this, I'm going straight to the hotel, right?" Chaeyoung looked up from her phone, ending her chat conversation with one of her female friends. "Jeonghan oppa told me they're staying at Tokyo Hotel. Are we going to check-in there?"

"Don't you want to eat first?" her manager asked, facing her from her seat. "Their managers told me they're eating in a restaurant. Their concert ended already."

"Oh? Really?" the strawberry-blonde blinked, "Maybe I should just eat in the hotel and wait for them there. They're probably done eating, anyway."

"The restaurant is just around the corner over there," the manager pointed. "Are you sure?"

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes, her brown orbs quickly darting around. "The cameras are for my vlog, right? Not for anything else, right?" she asked, looking at the camera that was right across her face as she leans against the window.

"Of course!" her manager laughed, "So shall we?"

Chaeyoung suspiciously nodded, leaning back on her seat. "Unnie, if this is something fishy, I'll get mad at you."

"They're in this room,"

Chaeyoung watched as a waitress aided them to Seventeen's room. From outside, she could hear their voices. She inwardly frowned. Just what is happening?

Her eyes swiftly glanced at the cameraman, "You're from a show, aren't you?"

"Chaeyoung, get in," her manager quickly pushed her towards the Japanese doors, sliding it open.

"It's Chaeyoung!"

"Noona!"

She blinked, hesitantly raising a hand to wave. "H-Hi...?"

"Come here, sit," Jeonghan pats the space between him and Seokmin (DK). "I just knew it. Of course, it has to be you. You just recently told me you have a fan meeting here, after all."

"If she's the special guest, then I don't have anything against it," Jihoon (Woozi) nodded, ever the blunt one.

"Me too!" the others chimed in.

"If it was somebody else, what would be your reaction, then?" Seungkwan asked, earning a look from the vocal leader and laughter from the boys.

"Oh, so One Fine Day, huh?" Chaeyoung mused after getting an explanation from her manager and the staff. "This won't be something like their first appearance, right? As much as how fun it looks, I can't be in a show like that. I don't think I can survive."

"We survived, so you surely can," Hansol (Vernon) retorted.

"Maybe I can, if I'm with you guys," she jokingly suggested.

"No!"

"Please no!"

"It's not like that, right?!"

"And how come I don't have any idea about this?" she continued. Fourteen pairs of eyes darted at the female idol's manager as she explained that they planned for it to be a surprise. Carats and Rosénators expressed that they like their interactions, whether it was in award shows or reality shows. It's only about time they appear in a segment together.