Sunset By The Lake - Zoey 101

AU where Zoey never left for England, Chase never tells Zoey how he feels, James is a new student, Zoey dates James.

Chase was walking along the lake. He liked to walk and clear his head. He could clear his thoughts of Zoey and her rejecting him. And also clear his mind from Michael's constant nagging.

He heard sobbing. The quiet crying of tears. He looked ahead to see a figure sitting on rocks. The same rocks where Chase had first come after the whole dance thing. The figure ahead looked familiar. Chase then instantly recognized the blonde hair of Zoey.

Chase walked closer, undetected by Zoey. Zoey had her head buried in her hands, with her hair flopping around in the soft breeze. The sunset made her look even more beautiful than she already was. Chase stood staring for a few moments before shaking his head and sat down next to her.

Zoey looked up to see Chase as he brought her in for a hug. "What happened?" Chase asked quietly.

Zoey looked away after she responded with a soft, "James."

What had James done to make her so sad? Zoey sniffled in the silence that came. They both stared into the lake, Zoey still wrapped in Chase's arms. Chase didn't know whether to ask about James or sit silently.

He didn't have to answer his question when Zoey started talking. "I saw him kiss Rebecca," She choked out between sobs.

Chase froze and took his arms off Zoey. Zoey looked to him as if asking what was wrong. He was thinking. Rebecca. As in the Rebecca, he dated? The Rebecca that had tried to tell him to stay away from Zoey? He couldn't believe it.

"Chase?" Zoey whispered, still watching him. "Yeah?" Chase turned his attention back to Zoey.

"He then dumped me for her. Saying she was better and that he lost feelings for me."

How could James tell Zoey off like that? "Well they are both mean people," Chase tried comforting Zoey.

Zoey laughed quietly and Chase's heart fluttered. Even if she was in a terrible state, her laugh always made Chase feel better.

"Am I really not good enough for anyone?" Zoey asked quietly.

"What?" Chase was taken back by the question. She was amazing.

"Am I really not good enough for anyone?" Zoey repeated, now staring off into the distance.

"You are amazing, Zo. The best person in the world. You're beautiful, funny, brave and amazing. No one could ever replace you, and no matter what anyone says you are good enough for anyone." Chase waited for a reply from Zoey.

After a few seconds of silence, Zoey turned her head to Chase and hugged him. "Thank you," She whispered into his shoulder.

Chase held her for a moment before she pulled away. Chase could see she was now smiling and she wiped the tears from her eyes. Chase wanted to tell her. Though it could make their friendship awkward. He could lose her.

But he knew it was worth the risk. For all he knew she could return the feelings.

"Zoey... There's something I've been wanting to tell you."

Zoey's brown eyes looked to him and waited for a reply. Here goes nothing.

"Ever since the first day, I saw you, before I even hit the ground... I loved you."

Zoey didn't reply. She sat, a little shocked so Chase continued. "And I still do. You're amazing and I understand if you don't feel the same way. Micheal has been nagging me to tell you and I didn't want to make things awkward between u-"

Chase's rambling was cut off by Zoey who gave him another hug and looked into his green eyes. "I love you too."

The pair sat there, watching the sunset as they both smiled.

There we go! My first ever Zoey 101 fanfiction. Yay! :D As you can tell I'm a pretty big supporter of Choey. So don't be surprised if most of my Zoey 101 fanfics are Choey related. xD

Have a great day!

11/5/20