Strangers Again - Danny Phantom

Prompt: And suddenly we were strangers again

::

Danny was flying above the town, enjoying the cool air. His green eyes glittered down to the town as he floated in the air. Everything was so peaceful, he knew that some ghost would ruin that for him.

Maybe not a ghost, he thought as he saw Valerie, dressed as the Red Huntress, flying towards him on her board.

Whenever Danny tried to find peace she was always there to ruin it. Or it was his parents.

"Stay where you are!" Huntress shouted as she neared.

"Hey Red," Danny greeted as he sat cross-legged in the air, "Watcha want?"

Valerie scoffed, "I want you to get out of this town you evil ghost."

"Ah the same thing again," Danny sighed. "Look, I help to save people. I'm good."

Just how many times did he need to say that? Every time Valerie confronted him he has to say the same thing. It started to annoy her.

"Good? You're evil!"

Danny shook his head, he had had enough of that. Without saying a word he started to fly down to an alleyway, in hopes of Valerie leaving him.

But she started flying after him, right on his ghostly tail.

"You think you could escape? You just got yourself cornered." Huntress laughed as they landed.

Danny didn't care if he was cornered, it was time for Valerie to know.

"Look, Val," Danny began but he was cut off by Valerie.

"Call me that and you're gone ghost."

"Sorry," Danny apologised, "I just wanted to say that I'm a halfa."

When Valerie shot him a confused look he continued.
"I'm half-human, half-ghost."

"Liar!" Valerie shouted, "How can a ghost be half-human?"

"Honestly it's got me stumped as well," Danny let out a good-hearted laugh while Valerie growled.

"How about I show you," Danny didn't say another word as the familiar white rings started to form.

In Phantom's place stood Fenton, the black-haired and blue-eyed boy.

And suddenly they were strangers again.

Valerie let out a squeak in shock, "H-how?"

"Well..."

Danny explained to Valerie. About the accident, who knew and about what happened with Cujo. He was surprised that she listened to him and didn't try to accuse Phantom of overshadowing Fenton.

Looks like they had a new member on Team Phantom.

First one shot of this story done! How'd you like it? You can send me DP requests anytime!

3/5/20