A Make Up

Harry and I stood outside a familiar door on the isle. My hands were shaking and Harry knew this, he kept trying to steady me, keeping me calm.

"Are you sure you want to do this love? She practically disowned ye." Harry asked.

I nodded "I'm sure. She is family and...this may be the contagious Auradon spirit speaking, but I think it would be best to bury the hatchet."

"Do ye have hatchet?" Harry joked "We may need it with her." So, naturally, I whacked him on the chest. 

I lifted my shaking hand and knocked on the door loudly. I heard some noise from within my old house and then "Who is it?" A voice from inside yelled.

"Is that her?" Harry said. I nodded again.

"Just open the door!" I screamed and we heard footsteps coming closer to where we were standing.

"Just say the word and we'll leave." Harry whispered.

The door opened and we were greeted with the disgusted face of my mother. Her face of disapproval changed to an evil smirk when she realised who was standing at her door. "Ah, Elizabeth. I haven't seen you since you left for Auradon and turned your back on evil and all our family stands for."

"No, you haven't seen me since you disowned me." I deadpanned back at her.

Her expression softened slightly, a crinkle forming at the sides of her eyes. "You really are your mother's daughter aren't you. What are you standing there for? Get inside." She ordered.

Both of us walked through the door and sat where my mother gestured to. We sat in an awkward silence for a while since both my mother and I were stubborn as hell, neither of us wanted to give in to the other first.

"So..." I said, "I came to bury the hatchet between us." 

"What do you mean Elizabeth, what hatchet?" My mother said, she seemed confused, she never did have a good memory. Like that time she 'forgot' to feed me every day for my entire childhood. Stop it Lizzie, you're here to make things better, not worse.

"I left things on a bad note between us and I kind of want to fix that..." I said hesitantly.

My mother looked up, she was obviously shocked that I was reaching out to her. "I...was terrible to you. I never should have made you leave just because you were hanging around with...the pirates..." She shuddered as she looked at Harry.

"Yeah...thanks..." Harry muttered.

"Is there another reason you wanted to come here today?" She said, sort of 'seeing through' the brave and innocent facade I had.

"We...we actually..." I stuttered and looked at Harry for help.

Then Harry continued what I was trying to say "I asked Lizzie to marry me and we thought that it would be best if ye had a good relationship and we wanted to personally invite ye to the wedding."

 And then my mother's eyes flickered dark as she looked at Harry. "You are marrying him...One of those...those dirty rotten pirates..."

I forced a smile "Mother, water under the bridge. Now, will you come to the wedding or not?" 

"I'll be there." She smiled quite gently. An expression I had never seen grace her features, she had always been rather aggressive, even when I was younger.

 "Th...thank you..." I stuttered, I had never heard her say anything that gentle and even though I had been in Auradon for quite a while, I still found it hard to say those phrases.

She led us out of the door and back on the streets of the isle. "Come back and tell me when the wedding will be."

The door closed behind us, leaving just Harry and I outside my old house. "Ye know, since we're on the isle, you could come and meet my dad and sisters, tell them about the wedding?"

"You mean, your dad as in Captain Hook?" 

A/N: I HAVE TAKEN FOREVER TO DO THIS SO YEAH. I AM TRYING TO FINISH THIS BOOK BEFORE CONTINUING MY JOSH MATTHEWS GIRL MEETS WORLD THING, SO YEAH...

LOVE YOU ALL!