"Ah, good. You're here."

Jaehyun was leaning against another bookshelf placed against the same wall the door we walked through was located. He was holding a short crystal glass filled with a clear liquid and a few noticable ice cubes.

He pulled his body off of the wall and approached us. Taeyong and Doyoung stood behind me but that didn't stop Doyoung from holding me in place by my arm, not that I was brave enough to go anywhere anyway.

Jaehyun stopped directly in front of me and took a sip of his drink. His eyes grazes over my body like he was inspecting a car's new paint job.

"I assume you two brought her here without any problems?"

Jaehyun's question was directed toward the two men behind me, yet his kept his eyes on mine as he asked it. I avoided his gaze.

"That is correct, sir, I made her aware of the circumstances she'd be putting herself in if she refused to come willingly," Taeyong announced.

Jaehyun tapped the glass with his middle finger a few times before he responded.

"Good, you may leave us now."

Following their boss' orders, the two men exited the room. The sound the door made as it closed felt a lot louder than it probably was.

Jaehyun made his way to the desk and sat down, setting his drink on a nearby coaster while I stayed put.

"Aren't you going to sit down?"

I looked at the chair facing opposite his. His desk was large enough that it provided quite a bit of separation between them, but it still wasn't enough. Nevertheless, I obeyed.

I kept my eyes glues to the drink on the table, but I could still see him staring in amusement in the corner of my eye.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Can I offer you a drink? I have gin and tonic water."

I could feel my stomach turn sour as my mind flashes back to that night I almost drank the spiked gin in Lucas' wine cellar.

"No? Then let's get to the point, shall we?"

My eyes flashed towards him for a split second. His voice had gotten noticeable colder and so had his expression.

"You were brought here under suspicion for being involved in the murder of one of my family members. The reason that being the emerald necklace you wore matched the one owned by said family member, a necklace that was specially designed for her wear."

He spoke about that girl as if she were a stranger instead of his sister was baffling. Were they not close or was he trying to be professional? Clearly, he had to have been torn apart by her death for him to have acted the way he did towards me.

"Since I recognized the necklace, we certainly had reason for suspecting your involvement in her death which is why we brought you here."

Brought? He makes it sound like I was invited here for tea and a chat.

"During the interrogation, you refused to tell us your actual relationship with Lucas and so we may have taken things further than we usually would have to extract the truth from you, given the importance of the matter we were asking you about."

May have taken things further than usual? Was this supposed to be an apology?

He sounded like he was reading from a script.

"I didn't tell you that I killed Lucas because I thought you would kill me if you found out!" I angerly blurted out.

Jaehyun's eyes continued to look at me in disinterest as if he was expecting the abrupt disruption.

"Seeing as your story has been confirmed," He continued ignoring my outburst like would a child's tantrum.

"-we now know that you are not involved in IU's death and that you somehow managed to kill the person responsible-"

Jaehyun's eyes gleamed a hint of distaste as he finished his sentence.

"-even if it somehow occurred by accident."

I could feel the rage bubbling inside of me.

"I recognize that you may feel I've committed a great injustice to you."

"Are you fucking serious right now?" I stood up from the chair and slammed my fist on the desk unintentionally spilling the contents of half empty glass of gin onto the desk. The liquid managed to drench several important looking documents, but Jaehyun made no effort to save them.

Yet for the first time, Jaehyun's eyes showed something other than utter discontent. They widened in surprise at the sudden gesture only to return to their previous state a within an instant.

"That being the case, I would like you offer you reparations," He kept going, leaving me astounded, my fist still on the desk.

"We are willing to offer you 120,000,000 won (roughly 100,000 USD) in exchange for your silence."

I didn't care how scared I was of this man. He thinks that he can call me in here and tell me that this is my fault? That he isn't responsible for all the shit that happened since that night? I was kidnapped, bound, beaten, injected with adrenaline and starved. I'll never be able to return to the Heart Breakers again. Wendy could be dead for god's sakes! And this bastard thinks that he can just pay me off and in exchange for my silence?

"No."

A/N: Okay, as promised, here's the next chapter. Next update is Wensday unless this story reaches 600 votes. Then, I'll upload earlier.