꧁꧁Chapter 20꧂꧂

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath collecting my non-existent nerves and patience.

" There goes nothing. "

As soon as I opened the door, every head turned towards me, and I started smirking.
" Good morning everyone.", I exclaimed and heard snickers, nobody got a good glance at my face so I was safe for a moment. Unfortunately, it didn't last long.
Our teacher looked at me with a mixture of rage and annoyance.

" So, Rebecca, could you explain why you're late for over an hour, again?"

" Well, the subway was late."

" And the ticket collector gave everyone a fresh coffee too?"

" I decided, when I was already late, you could handle another five minutes as well."

Everyone laughed and my teacher almost exploded with rage.

" Sit down, Rebecca."

" As you wish Mr Galvin.", I turned to walk to my place but, of course, I wasn't allowed.

" Can you leave the sunglasses at my desk and get them back at the end of the lesson? Taking the hood off would also be great.", there was an undertone of a grudge but he still smiled annoyed at me.

" I actually would rather not.", I replied, smiling equally as annoyed.

I knew that the students enjoyed these moments of peace, without teaching, but Mr Galvin had enough.

" You must, Rebecca."

" What if I don't want to?", I asked back and surprised 'Oww's went around the room.

" I swear, I'll send you to the principle after the lesson if you don't stop now. "

" Very well,
why not sending me now?",
I had to hold onto me very much for not bursting into laughter.

" Do what I say now! "

" What exactly would I gain from this?", I frowned with a smirk.

If looks could kill I would've been buried 6 feet under.
" Just. Do. It.
Your coffee can stay at my desk too now."

" Nah, it'll be fine.", my grip tightened," I think I'm heading to the principle now, bye!"

I turned to the door and grabbed the handle when his voice echoed through the classroom.

" Recca Williams! Enough now or you'll all get double as much homework!"

Why do teachers always have to say these things? Nobody is going to be bothered with my hood and sunglasses except the teachers.
Before everybody would've started hating me, I finally gave in and stroke towards hiss desk where he smugly sat.

" If you insist so much.", I whispered only for him to hear. So I took off my glasses and my hood, looking at his shocked face. He was fully perplexed so I used my chance to take my coffee with me.

The class which was so full of laughter a few seconds ago, went deadly silent when I turned around to face them. I strode through the rows, ignoring the gasps and stares, and sat down between Damien and Ian.

They were ghostly pale and took a while to get their thoughts back together.

" We thought you only had caught a cold !", whispered and screamed Damien at the same time.

" What happened to you, Rebbecca? Are you okay?", Ian asked concerned.

I sighed, " Can we talk about this with everyone? I don't want to repeat it so often and have everyone listening."