Chapter 8

After a ten minutes drive, I arrived in front of the shopping centre.

The raid was planned, so I had enough time left to search these two criminals and stop them before they could do some stupid things.

The centre was huge so it took while looking for them.

As I passed a clothing store I saw a really nice leather jacket and stopped walking. I mean, who doesn't like leather jackets? And I only had five so I could have bought me at least one more. After a few seconds, I started walking again, it wasn't my job to buy clothes now, maybe later.

I past a few more stores until I saw both of them walking into the control room. So that's how they want to do it, I thought.

They didn't didn't notice me as I followed them inside, the CIA education wasn't useless.

The security guard lay unconscious on the floor, I couldn't tell if he was dead or not. The two men were at least one head taller than me but this was no problem.

They sat in front of the security cameras and tipped something in at their phones.

"Bro, when it doesn't work we're so fucked up.",said the bigger one," I'm broke, I need the money!"

" Calm down, this will absolutely work", said the other one," and when not, there are a lot of bigger problems than your money."

" Like what?! The police?!"

"The police?" , he laughed," dude, you will beg for the police. No, seriously, do you think the Mafia would just let us go? Someone will find our limbs in ten different trash cans. And this would be one of the most harmless options."

Mr Tall went completely pale and didn't say another word, he knew exactly that his friend was right. I wasn't so shocked to hear the Mafia part, the Mafia was everywhere. That was the reason why it was so hard to wreck them, and just one agent couldn't do much.

" So, let's get this shit started!", both said and grinned at each other.

" Good idea!", I announced and hit them with a nightstick I hid under my clothes. They lay on the floor and didn't move, well it was pure iron.

I turned around to walk away but a voice stopped me.

"What the fuck? Who are you?"

I spun around and was shocked for a second.

It was a man in his twenties, tall and aggressive, he couldn't be a security guard, that was for sure.

Two, they said, you won't draw much attention, they said...

" The reason why you'll lie on the floor in a minute.", I simply said and walked towards him.

He was quick and walked backwards but I was too near and it didn't help him anymore.

His dodging was good but it wasn't good enough, I hit him into the stomach and face but he somehow caught my wrist and now it was me who got all the punches.

One in the stomach, one at my jar and one at the eye. Well, shit, covering this up will take time...

Before he could hit me another time, I got out of the way. Unfortunately, my clumsiness took over and we both slammed into a shelf. I was the first one on their feet and kneeled down next to him. "One minute...", I whispered and knocked him out with a punch.

After handcuffing them all, I called one of my colleagues so he could send someone who took them away. I walked out of the control room, locked the door and left the mall as fast as I could. My hair hid most of my face so it was harder to see my bruises and cuts .

Well, they didn't hide all so a few people stared but I was fast out there and drove home.

On my way back I saw some police cars driving to the mall, I thought they would have been faster but ok.

...

Back in my apartment, I walked straight to the bathroom to look at the mirror.

The sight I got wasn't good: my jar was completely swollen up along with my right eye.

The black eye was easy to cover up, it was just lightly purple but my jar was a disaster.

Because I was too lazy to do something else, I changed into my PJs and watched a few more Criminal Minds episodes with a cooling pack held against my face. It wasn't really comfortable but I still managed to fall asleep there.

It was 5am when I woke up, sometimes I'm waking up at 4/5am or 1pm there's no in between.

I needed the extra time so I started to get ready. After one shower and changing into a new outfit

I stood in front of my mirror and started to cover up my bruises

I stood in front of my mirror and started to cover up my bruises. It took half an hour but it was worth it, you couldn't tell the differences anymore. Well, the foundation was special and it covered up everything except for scars, I was using it also to cover up some of my tattoos if I wore T-Shirts for school. Anyway, I went into my room, got my bag, grabbed my phone and walked back to the living room.

It was 7:30 now so I had just half an hour left to get to school. I decided that it was no use to stand around like this and started walking to the bus stop.