23: Good News and Bad News

Start from the beginning

---
Chris POV

I walked into Lauren's room and saw her sleeping with an oxygen mask on. I sighed and walked up to her. I grabbed her hand and she was cold. I watched her chest rise and fall before smiling softly.

"You made it Husky." I smirked rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb. I felt her squeeze it before looking at me.

"Chris..." She mumbled.

"Hey. When they told me you lost a lot of blood I started freaking out." I sighed sitting down beside her bed.

"I'm ok now though." Lauren smiled at me. It was weak but it was heartfelt.

"I love you Lauren." I muttered.

"I love you too Chris. Thanks for being my Bestfriend even though we fight a lot." She smiled at me. I gave her a quick hug before walking out.

"Who wants next?" I asked.

---
Camila walked back slowly sitting beside Lauren.

"Hey they baby girl." Camila smiled moving hair out Lauren's face. The green eyed girl was asleep at this point.

"Funny you call me baby girl. I just felt like I should. I don't know. But when you get out of this joint we should go on a big date. Or even while we are here I'll buy all your favorite foods. I'm sure you'd like that." Camila rubbed Lauren's forehead.

"You're so beautiful," her hand dropped down to her stitches that where visible. "So beautiful. Remember when you sang to me in Paris. You should do it again." The brown eyed girl said stroking Lauren's hair.

"You're so cute when you sleep." She smirked grabbing her phone and taking a picture of Lauren. A machine started beeping loudly. A few nurses rushed in.

"What's going on?" Camila asked worried.

"Her heart is beating very fast. Her monitor is going crazy. Come on Lauren settle down for me." One of the male nurses said grabbing the girls hand and squeezing. The monitor's beeping went back down. "If that goes off again get us."

"Wait sir. Can you just..." Camila kept the nurse back and grabbed Lauren's hand and lovingly stroked her forehead. The monitor started beeping faster following Lauren's heart beat.

"You know when a persons in love their heart beats faster for that person." Camila said letting go of Lauren's hand looking at the nurse.

"Well...I'll be darned. You made her heart beat fast. Probably sounds like a sledgehammer beating against the wall. Heart beats are heavy and fast. That's amazing. Just try not to do it so much." He said before leaving the two alone.

"He said I make your heart beat like a sledgehammer. That's really cute." Camila mumbled.

"That's a terrible metaphor." Lauren mumbled opening her eyes slowly.

"You're awake..." Camila smiled kissing her softly.

"Well yeah. These damn monitors are kind of annoying....hey." The green eyed girl looking at her girlfriend.

"I'm not leaving you tonight. Just so you know that." Camila said. She studied Lauren's stitches before placing her hand over them. The brunette loved Lauren. She didn't want anything to happen to her so she was going to make it her job to look after Lauren.
---
Camila slept uncomfortably on a little couch in Lauren's room. Her dad had two chairs pushed together. Everyone was sleeping soundly until Lauren's monitors started beating faster. Camila's eyes shot open at the sound and Lauren's night nurse ran in. Flicking on the light she looked at the monitors before calling someone on her speaker.

"What's happening?" Lauren's dad asked concerned.

"Lauren is having irregular heart beats. It makes her heart work harder to get back on track. If this continues to happen she could very well have a heart attack at a young age. We are going to try to get it under control." He said looking at Lauren.

"We are going to ask you two to leave the room really quickly." The second nurse said to them as they started opening an defibrillator. Camila hesitated but walked out as did Michael. Camila curiously looked in the window of the room. She couldn't see anything.

"Mr. Jauregui. I'm scared." The brunette said softly. He pulled her into a small embrace.

"Me too....me too." He said softly back to her.
---
The admitted Lauren into ICU where more people would be watching over her. Michael had went home for a while and Camila still sat up at the hospital.

"Mila..." Dinah said walking into the waiting room.

"Hey."

"I have all your missed work. Look I know you don't want to leave Lauren's side but you need to go home. Shower. Get some rest and eat something. You can get yourself sick from staying up here. Lauren would want you to go home. I'll stay here and text you if anything happens ok? I even saw Chris at school today. Ally is going to drop him off after his volleyball practice. Please go." Dinah pleaded looking at her tired friend.

"Fine. I'll go but if you text me I'm coming right back." With that Camila left and made her way home. Luckily her parents were out. She ran into the house and took a shower. Ate something and took a quick nap. She hadn't realized she had been sleep for such a long time.

3:30 They took Lauren back down to Emergency.
3:32 Mila come back to the hospital....
3:33 Mila!!! Lauren needs you SHES back in emergency.
3:35 bitch wake the fuck up.
3:40 Lauren's not doing well. Would you come back!
3:44 Lauren had a heart attack. Her heart isn't working properly. Would you fucking come back down here. Come on Mila! She needs you. She wants to see you before they take her back down to surgery. This is literally Life or Death!
3:50 ....she's refusing to go to surgery until she sees you.
3:54 you're such a bad girlfriend.

Camila read all the text and rushed to the hospital. It was too late. Lauren was back in the OR and all her friends and family sat waiting.

"What happened?" Camila asked looking at everyone.

"She had a heart attack while you went away. Her heart is not well.....they don't know if she's going to....to uh....to make it through." Chris said biting back tears. He got up and walked away from everyone.

"She's a fucking fighter. She's going to make it." Camila mumbled. Her fingers went to the promise ring around her neck.

You better make it Jauregui.

---
Well...........

Comment below

Feedback is what keeps me going.

Love you all.