December, 22nd - Part 4 Alices POV

I threw the snow globe at him and clutched at my chest. I loved him so much it caused me so much pain, 'Merry Christmas Nate.'

I left him standing there bewildered and I kicked myself for being an idiot and not seizing my chance when I had it.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud screech and blinding lights and I'm not sure what happened next.

Life stopped. I could faintly Nate calling my name, but he seemed so far away that it no longer hurt.

Images of our time together filled my vision, from the first time I bumped into him; our first coffee 'date,' the pine plantation, singing Christmas Carols,

lighting the tree, the under wear incident, the times I thought if him while he was away, our 'non-official' break up to seeing him with another girl.

I remember my thoughts about having lived with so much pain that it consumed me, that I never stopped to see what was right in front of me.

Love. I fell in love with an Elf who made me fall in love with Christmas again. He made me feel happy again and I took it all for granted.

I held onto all the times I shared with Nate and promised to cherish every moment until the end, but then again... I was always good at breaking promises.

That's when everything went black.