December, 14th

Dear Diary,
Last night after Nate drove away, with my Christmas tree, I came to another realisation. I had actually liked looking for the perfect tree and I liked singing carols with Nate.

What the hell is happening to me Diary? No let me rephrase that, what was Nate doing to me?

He had me smiling to myself, singing carols and choosing Christmas trees! And I had only known him for two days. Yet I wanted to know more and I was going to find out more because, we were hanging out again tonight.

Yes my heart just flipped at the thought of hanging out with Nate again and yes a smile is creeping it's way onto my face.

I spent most of the night cooking the sweets that Santa ordered. I didn't know what type to make so I made, taffy, cupcakes, home made candy canes and eclairs.

I only had time in the evening to make the sweets but I got over excited and made a weeks worth. Most of the sweets would be ok for a week but not the cupcakes, I will have to tell Santa.

Oh shit, have to go Diary I need to go to work!

**********************************

I ran into the shopping centre and headed for Santa's post with the sweets in a box. Santa saw me approaching and met me half way.

'Here Santa,' I said as I puffed out of breath. He smiled as I placed the box of sweets into his hand and told him about the cupcakes.

Santa smiled largely, 'Dear Alice thank you! Truly this will make the kids very happy!' He smiled before walking away again.

Part of me was questioning the issue about the payment but the other part; just smiled at the thought of the happy kids. If I couldn't have a good Christmas, at least I could make theirs a little bit more special.

I walked to work and said hi to my boss and Angie, 'Hey Angie, how are you?' I slipped my apron on as Angie seemed to start hyperventilating.

'Angie? Calm down, what's wrong?' I hurriedly sat her down and looked quickly to my boss who was just as concerned as me.

She began to slowly get some colour back in her face and managed to say one word, 'Elf.'

'What?' I asked. Elf? Did she have a fear of Elves? I shook her a little to snap her out of it and it worked.

Her focus snapped back and recognition crossed her face, 'Oh Alice! An Elf was just here looking for you! And damn was he good looking, you know not like you'd expect an Elf to be, this one was tall and gorgeous and...' She stopped.

'I got the picture Angie. What did he say?' I was annoyed at her overly dramatic response and slightly because I knew how gorgeous this particular Elf was, and I didn't like her acknowledging it out loud.

'Ah he, um said to give this to you,' and she handed me a small envelope.

I looked to my boss and he smiled and winked, giving me the ok to read the contents. But I was fully aware that Angie hovered around me, probably wanting to take a peek. Instead I popped it inside my apron and went to work.

**********************************

Work ran till late and I had to close up by myself much to Angie's disappointment. I'm sure she was waiting all day for me to open it and share the contents with her.

I smiled to myself as I opened the envelope whilst walking to my car. 'I hope Santa liked the sweets, and I hoped the kids also liked them,' I thought as I pulled out the letter.

Once I reached my car I put my bag inside and began reading, it read: 'Hey Alice it's Nate, but I guess you may already suspect that. I really just wanted to say...'

Then I heard his voice behind me, reading out loud what I was reading. He continued, 'I just wanted to say that I really appreciate what you did for me last night. When I told you about 'her' I kind of lost it.

But you didn't try and say sorry, you were just there. It was pretty cool for you to sing Christmas songs and choose a tree despite the fact you 'hate' Christmas.

And every time I think about you smiling and singing I find myself smiling too. So the reason for me writing this, is to give you an official invitation to... Go Christmas Decoration shopping!'

I laughed as I heard his extra enthusiastic exclamation. Turning around I smiled and was greeted with his accompanying smile. 'I would love to accompany you Nate.'

He smiled largely before taking my hand in his and started off walking toward Kmart. The warmth of his large hand travelled up my freezing body. I hated Winter and the cold, but with Nate it didn't seem so bad.