December, 22nd

Dear Diary,
Well life sucks. I inadvertently broke up with Nate last night. I didn't even look back, I was too afraid to see his face. I just knew he would be destroyed.

I was a horrible human being. I didn't want to hurt him and i wanted to keep myself safe. My heart couldn't take the pain of another loved one gone forever.

So to make sure that never happened again, I made a promise that I wouldn't let anyone else get close enough. But I guess I'm good at breaking promises.

I broke my promise to myself, to him and I still ended up hurt. God I was stupid. Life wasn't without tears, and I stupidly tried to escape that simple fact.

Oh Diary what have I done!?

**********************************

Entering the store I didn't even look toward the North Pole. My hours passed as I made sweets and cleaned in the kitchen. Once I had finished, I locked up and didn't take a second glance.

Yes I know I'm stupid, I already feel like an idiot. I wasn't angry at Nate but myself. But I'm more frustrated than anything.

I had decided that I didn't care if I got hurt anymore, if I had a chance at feeling something more than the heartache I have experienced in my life, it would be worth it.
With Nate, it would be worth it.

Yet, I didn't go back. Why? Because I'm the one that called it quits. It's not pride that's stopping me, but the fear of rejection.

A hand touched my shoulder and snapped me out of my thoughts, causing excitement to build up inside me. Please say it was who I wanted it to be!

I turned to see an average height guy with black hair and green eyes staring at me. He had huge muscles that made him look like a miniature version of the Hulk.

'Alice right?' He spoke quite surely and I just nodded.

'Good! I'm Hunt-Clinton, Clinton. I'm Nate's best mate,' he looked determined to talk to me and I couldn't turn away after he mentioned Nate.

'Look, I don't know what happened between you guys but I have never seen Nate more whipped in my life.'

When I didn't react he took that as his cue to continue, 'There was 'her' but he never lit up when he spoke about her, but when he speaks about you... he becomes like the sun. He thinks you can walk on water.

Anyway, I'm having this Christmas party and Nate's going to be there. Here's the address.'

He handed me a crumbled piece of paper with horrible handwriting that I could barely understand.

'Alice, he is better with you.' That was all Clinton said before he walked away leaving me with the biggest decision of my life.