T W E N T Y- T H R E E

Start from the beginning

" How come he never talked about you? " I asked.

" Alana my dear, when do you think we first met? " he asked completely ignorant to my question.

" On the day of my wedding, why? " I said furrowing my eyebrow. He chuckled quite softly.

" I was there on the day you were born. Seth was already two at the time and was already claiming you. " he shook his head smiling as he watched my jaw dropped open in shock.

" Do you remember uncle Evan? And East? " he then asked.

" You're uncle Evan? And don't tell me Seth is East, that was my long lost childhood friend. Dad said he had to go away. " I said in disbelief.

" You were a just two at the time when we met for the second time, you couldn't quite pronounce my name so I insist you call me uncle Evan. "

" But, how does that make Seth become East? " I asked totally confused with the whole thing.

" Seth Easton Salvatore. " I then gasped.

" Smart girl. " he chuckled softly.

" Our family was in great danger at the time so we had to flee here to England and your father never utter our name again not to blew up his and our cover. " he continued.

" Okay. So, we have known each other since I was two which I couldn't remember due to my bad memory. But, how does any of that make capable of taking over this whole empire? " I shook my head at him.

" You father was never really a detective as you and your sister thought he was. Harris was a special argent for our family. He covered up our family for years since before you were born. "

" Our family had history, Alana. " Steven told away his story with a smile on his face as he remembered his long time mate.

My father wasn't who I thought he was. Harris Carsten was one of the most dangerous criminal during his day living a double life as a respected detective during the day and the Salvatore under Don during the night.

How come I never noticed this. After all I was just a kid living her exciting childhood with the coolest dad.

I had been living along side the mafia and I hadn't even noticed. I was really born into this lifestyle, I had mafia blood running in vein, my father was the mafia, it was just that I never was aware of all this. My father left too soon before he could even told me the whole truth.

Father taught Ayla and I those defensive skills because he knew we could be in danger if someone blew up his cover, and to prepare me to be Seth's wife to be able to survive in this lifestyle. He had always known that the late Don's heir was going to claim me one way or another.

The marriage was arranged the moment Seth set his eyes on me not to save my mother's business. She took advantage of this whole thing and I thought I had to do this as a grateful gesture to thank her for raising me after dad died.

" Does Seth know about this the whole time? " I asked looking down at my laps not daring to look at those grey eyes that ran through the whole family.

" Oh the boy had no idea that he married his long lost sweetheart. You learned about this marriage the day before you set off to college, correct? " he asked and I nodded.

Five years, five whole years I spent studying in my choice of college for the degree in architecture I had always dreamed of, it was my last request before agreeing into this whole marriage thing.

Five years I had to bear with my mother dreadful lessons of how to become a perfect wife for the most respected man in London.

" Seth learned about his betrothed to you a few months before your marriage. He refused the second I finished telling him as he will only marry the little girl from the cottage of the late under Don, who vanished into thin air, with his two daughters. "

" Why didn't you tell him it was me? " I asked.

" What's the fun in that? Torturing my spoiled sons was the number one thing on my bucket list. " he chuckled.

And, I thought Seth was evil.

" So, I told him if he could find the girl, I would cancel the whole thing. " he continued.

I looked at him in disbelief. That was a horrible thing to do especially to his own flesh and blood.

" Despite the fact that his dream girl was already being handed to him. I watched him searched for months, it was great to watch him in such misery. "

" Then, he saw you. And, the will of hating you was gone. He might not admit it but I knew my son. The boy highly adore and respect you, Alana. " he smiled.

That was so unlike Seth. I was sure all he felt toward me was lust and attraction to my physical figure.

" You were indeed raised to be the Don's wife, the fierce and strength from your father, and the manner of a great female leader from your mother. "

" I have no doubt that you are going to do just fine. Not that it will be forever though. Seth will wake up in a few days. But, things need to be in control all the time. " he said.

" Why can't you or Brandon or Sebastian do it? " I sighed still doubting this.

" Give this old man some peace. I retired my place to your husband, I had done my job around here. Sebastian is taking care of the legal business. And, Brandon will be there to assist you. " he said.

" I doubt I can handle whatever you just handed me. " I said rubbing my face.

I was just learning to get used to this lifestyle, now handling and taking full control over it just seemed too much for me.

" Seth's job will be too much for me. Please understand this. I wasn't even that prepared to live like this. " I groaned.

" Oh please, Alana. What's new here for you? Knowing your father he must have started training you at very young age. " he said chuckling.

" You know how to handle guns before you even knew what dolls were. Am I correct? " he asked. I nodded.

That was nothing but bitter truth. My father wasted no time to teach me all about the deadly weapons. And, the worst part was that I enjoyed it so much to the point where I forgot all about the other things kids enjoy, normal things.

" It is time to really fulfill the Don's wife duty then. " I sighed in defeat as he smiled at with admiration glinting in his eyes.

" Your father must be really proud of you. "

He must be proud indeed. I remembered him saying how honored he was to devoted his life and soul to his boss, he never told me about. And, now his daughter taking his footsteps would have made him feel even more honored.

The late under Don had completely tied his life to the mafia and now mine.