O N E

Alana Carsten

" You're beyond stunning. Absolutely beautiful, Lana. " Ayla, my older sister said in tears.

I forced a smile on my make up covered face as we both stared into the mirror admiring my reflection. I was standing in a white silk wedding dress that hugged my body liked a second skin revealing all my curves while exposing my left leg through its slit that leaded up to my mid-thigh.

Was this even appropriate for a christian wedding?

I was so damn sure that my mother in law didn't pick this. And, Ayla couldn't be more convinced that my forced husband did pick this for me himself.

" Now listen to me. The Salvatore's might seem like a picture perfect family as Mr and Mrs Salvatore, your future mother and father in laws are nice and all. "

" But, Dan and I are convinced that behind all those billion dollar high tech business that they run is just a coverup. They are the most powerful dangerous and most feared family in Britain. There must be another lifestyle that they also live in which would be a mafia. " Ayla told me with a now straight face.

How the hell did she go from emotional to this serious? I couldn't catch up with these mood swings of hers.

" How does Dan, your loving husband do it? I mean these mood swings are horrible, Ayla. " I said.

" Are you even listening to me? " she asked. I nodded.

" Good. Now, as I was saying your in laws could be in a mafia-

" Oh. Shut it. Everyone in Britain know that. There's just not a single proof that lead to their crime. " I shrugged.

" And, why are you not scared for your life? " she asked.

" You and I both grew up with a detector, Ayla. We were surrounded by guns and knives. We even learned how to use those at the age of ten. There's nothing new. " I said with a single care in the world.

Unlike my biological sister who was the ladylike ones, I had always been a firecracker to father. I was always doing reckless things that made my father super worried about my well-being as he feared it would land me in death one day.

Although I took after him. He was one hell of a fearless man.

The fear then passed down to my sister the only one who cared for me after father's death.

" We are talking about mafia here, Lana. For once, listen to me. Please. I couldn't lose another love ones of mine. " Ayla said with sadness in her eyes.

" Take this. Strap it to your non exposed thigh. You know just in case. And, take care of yourself there and don't do any reckless shits. " she continued handing me a knife.

I did as told and hugged her tightly liked this was the last time that we would see each other. After all, I would be moving to London with my newly found family while Ayla and her husband lived here in Italy.

" Ah. My two beautiful daughters. " a brunette with highlighted grey haired woman entered the bride suite in her silver gown.

" Mother. " I gritted my teeth.

" Beautiful, Alana. Very beautiful indeed. Finally, live up to your mother. Married to a rich man as my request. You saved our company and I shall thank you. " she said with her wicked smile.

" Good morning, mother. " Ayla muttered under her breath.

" I usually do not talk to such ungrateful daughter but as today is your sister's wedding day I shall be nice to you. " mother stated boldly without sharing a glance toward Ayla.