🍽Ch.26: Rumbly in the Mammoth's Tumbly🍽

Start from the beginning

"I bet that sees on the Regal Highlands entered the body and sprouted..." Komatsu reaches out and plucks one of the fruit-minerals, letting his tongue flick across the rough surface of the fruity rock-salts. "Ooh, it's salty and fruity!" He hums.

🍫And look over here.🍫 Chocola calls out, pointing out some horsetail-like plants that smell of sweet cinnamon growing near the roots of the Orangesalt tree. 🍫Cinnamontails!🍫

Komatsu picks one and holds it to his nose, taking a deep whiff of the calming scent it gives off

Komatsu picks one and holds it to his nose, taking a deep whiff of the calming scent it gives off. "The spring-like taste of horsetail mixes together with the sweet fragrance of cinnamon! That's it!" The chef recalls the Gourmet Spicer he received from Toriko, removing it from his backpack. "If I crush it with this Gourmet Spicer and season some ingredient with it..." Komatsu's eyes wander around for anything he can cook for Toriko and (First Name).

The Sweetpets have been exhausting their own sweets for the two hungry Gourmet Hunters but it's hardly enough to feed their voracious appetites.

(First Name) comes to a stop when she realizes Komatsu, Tina, H.C. and the Sweetspets have lagged behind.

"Komatsu! What are you doing back there?" She shouts, but is answered with only silence.

"What are you doing?" Toriko calls out to them.

"Hurry up!" Rin urges.

"There's something going on within the Mammoth!" (First Name) informs, her other senses warning her of something amiss. "We need to press on!"

Komatsu and Tina look to the Gourmet Hunters with confused expressions.

"I can smell strong acid in the air. A great deal of digestive acids are being produced in the stomach."

"That is proof that the Mammoth is undergoing a tremendous amount of stress!" (First Name) continues.

Toriko nods agreeingly. "It's similar to having your own life eaten away by some virus...A rejection reaction to foreign objects in bathing its body!"

And just like she interpreted, the cavernous innards of the Regal Mammoth begin to shake wildly.

"Damn you, mammoth! You plan on spewing out all foreign objects inside of you?" Toriko snarls.

"We need to hurry! We haven't got much time!" (First Name) presses, dropping her fatigue to push on. But for how much longer?

The others waste no time in following her lead.

In mid-run, Toriko and (First Name) share a knowing look.

'That familiar dark, suffocating presence...The black GT Robot the exudes evil and death...He's here.' A nervous sweat breaks out across (First Name)'s brow just recalling the overwhelming feeling of dread from the automaton's presence.

🍽🥢🍽

Cedre laughs madly as his GT Robot bounces away out of the range of Sunny's feelers.