C h a p t e r T w e n t y s e v e n

Keefe's POV.

Keefe watched as Foster and Biana ran back toward their carriages.

Plan. I need a plan, Keefe thought desperately and paced across the Villa hallway.

Sure, he told Sophie he'd catch a ride. What else was he supposed to say? But he didn't really know how he was going to get Eternalia.

Think of a plan. Hurry up, and think of a plan.

But after several more minutes and he still didn't know he was going to get to the capital.

Despite himself, Keefe found his thoughts drifting to Sophie.

She'd looked to surprised and excited when she saw him behind that pillar.

It made Keefe's heart swell with joy and love. He was the who'd made her smile, made her happy.
All he'd ever wanted was to make someone feel happy, feel loved.

It was odd, really, how one person could make him feel so reassured, so confident, so wanted.
Keefe had never felt wanted. Not by his parents, not by his clan.
Of course, he had Marella who was best friend, but there was something different about Sophie Foster.
Something he couldn't quite place. But whatever it was, it filled that empty hole in his heart.
It cured that aching feeling of worthlessness and grief.
Grief Keefe didn't even know why he was feeling, but it followed him. Until he met Sophie.

Keefe gritted his teeth. Shut up and get another genius plan like last time.

Eventually it seemed there was only one thing Keefe could do that could help him get to Eternalia.

And that idea made Keefe's whole body fill with excitement and adrenaline.

Oh yes, now Keefe had a plan. A plan he couldn't wait to move forward with. A plan that would most certainly get him to the capital in time for the signing. Because he knew two people that could help him.
That it, if they agreed.

It looked like Keefe was taking a trip the Blackswan. And there he would reunite with those two people that could help him.

And those two people were Leroy and Zadie Flair.

You may be thinking, "Keefe, how could one guy and an eight year old help you get to Eternalia?"

If Keefe had the facts straight, Kimia Bray sent out a message to the people of both clans, informing them to meet the city Eternalia to witness the coming together of the Neverswan (that name isn't official, thank God) in peace.
And if the people of the clans were meeting at the capital, that meant Leroy and his sister were invited too. Keefe just had to hope they were going.

They'd be happy to see him, right? To see their old friend that helped them escape Exillium? Or would they just think he was a creepy stalker?

Of course, their were a few kinks in his plan. For one, he didn't know where Leroy and Zadie went after they parted ways. Didn't they say something about going to their uncle's house? And he didn't know if they'd be willing. Maybe they forgot all about him after they left.

The thought sent a pang of sadness through him, to Keefe's mild surprise.

"Looks like I have a plan." Keefe whispered and walked to exit the villa.

Keefe hadn't realized how dark it had gotten until he gazed up at the ever darkening night sky.

Because of his trips to see Sophie, Keefe knew exactly the right way how to get to the Blackswan from the Neverseen.

Keefe was a fast runner so it didn't take long before he reached the Blackswan's palace.

As expected, no one was around to see him.

"Great." Keefe said aloud to the evening sky, facing the same window that led into Sophie's room. "What am I supposed to do now?"

He needed to find someone that could point him in the direction of the Flairs. Though it was highly unlikely they would know them.

Keefe mentally screamed at himself. What was he thinking? That he'd just show up at the Blackswan and Leroy would be waiting for him? His knight riding in on a white horse?
(A/U. I'm still shipping Keroy helppppppp)

Just when Keefe was about to pull his hair out, he heard a voice behind him.

"Keefe Sencen?" The voice said and Keefe turned around to face them.

He turned to see Calla the cook carrying a laundry basket.

Keefe slouched in relief. It was someone he knew.

"Calla," he started and walked forward. "Please, I need your help—"

Calla cut him off. "Keefe Sencen, why are you here? I thought you were exiled."

"Er—I was—I just—um—," Keefe stuttered.

Calla laughed. "I think I can read between the lines."

Keefe went on to explain his dilemma and how needed to get to Eternalia and if she knew any one with the surname "Flair."

"Flair?" Calla asked and hitched the laundry basket more securely on her hip. "It sounds familiar, I know Ewen and Karra Flair, though we haven't talked in a while."

"Could you tell me where they live?" Keefe asked eagerly.

Calla studied him a moment longer before giving him directions to the Blackswan's main village square and an address.
4432 Kindlevale N Street.

"Thank you so much," Keefe thanked her and made his way to leave.

He could almost see the cook's smile as he jogged off toward the village in search of his friends.

~

Hello everyone!
So this is random but I was working on this chapter last night and had Calla throw a sock at Keefe. Once I read over it I realized I was slaphappy when I wrote it. So yeah, Calla almost threw a sock at Keefe.
Anyway, bye.
~T