C h a p t e r T w e n t y f o u r

Sophie's POV.

Sophie zoned out of the boring part of the peace discussion.

The parts about whether or not they should combine both clan names into "Neverswan," and useless arguments about who had the better clan name in the first place.

"'Neverseen' is way more mysterious," Lord Cassius snapped.

"Well, 'Blackswan' is poetic and deep," Alden argued.

"Nobody cares how poetic a clan name is!" Cassius seethed.

Sophie let out a long sigh. She hoped she wouldn't have to step up and give another inspirational speech about peace again, like at the war meeting.

But by the looks of things, that just might be the case.

Biana seemed to be in a heated argument with the pixie-like blonde girl about why it was necessary to have a ball to celebrate the coronation of the First Lady.

Why did Sophie think it was a good idea to bring the clans together? They would never agree on anything and it was complete chaos!

If Keefe were here, Sophie thought, I'd probably've stepped up by now and we'd have a signed treaty.

She didn't exactly know why, but whenever Keefe was around, she always had a sudden sense of confidence and reassurance.

But now the thought of standing up in front of both clans seemed terrifying.

Sophie thought about what Keefe could be doing at that vary moment. Was he having dinner at Exillium? Did he still have training? Was he getting an early night's sleep?

She glanced at the large grandfather clock to one side of the room. 6:15 and they'd barely made any progress.

Then again, fifteen minutes wasn't that long.
But to Sophie, it was starting to feel like an entirety.

The conversation seemed to have shifted from clan names to something more important, so Sophie focused her attention back to the discussion.

"We think it wise to sign the peace treaty in front of the people of our clans," Edaline was saying. "So they can see the unity for themselves, and not just hear it as a gossip."

Lady Gisela nodded at her. "That makes sense. The Neverseen's people will respond to the signing better if they see us together."

Sophie was relieved her mom had taken charge.

The discussion went on for a few minutes longer, Sophie and her friends occasionally giving their input on certain subjects.

Fitz said the Neverseen should move to the Blackswan's grounds, to which the pale girl with the pixie cut stated that would much to many people in one part of the clans, and they should just combine their lands.

Sophie backed up the girl on that one, and some of the adults from the clans seemed impressed with the conclusion they'd come to.

She looked at the clock again, now showing 6:26.
How much more did they need to cover before the treaty was signed?

"There is still the matter of who will be ruling," the Neverseen's adviser, Vespera, said. "We cannot have your whole Collective plus our Board of Directors being leaders."

Because the Neverseen can never figure out who's leading their clan, Sophie thought with a small smile.

No one had an answer at first, and it took a few moments for someone to speak up.

That someone was Linh Song.

"Your right," she started, and every head in the room turned to look at her. "That would be much to many people trying to rule a single clan, what if we chose two people from the Blackswan and two people from the Neverseen to be the leaders?"

Sophie beamed proudly at her friend, and Linh smiled back, her cheeks a bit rosy.

"I agree," said the blonde girl with braids. "Do you have your two rulers in mind?"

"That will take some time to discuss," Mr. Forkle replied. "But it's a good idea. If you agree to it, we can give you an answer by the time all this is over."

One by one, each member of the Neverseen nodded their heads in agreement.

One step closer to peace, Sophie's heart swelled.

The peace discussion went on for about thirty for minutes, until the clans had finally come to an agreement of peace.

Pixie cut girl, who Sophie learned was named Kimia, would send out a message to all the people of both clans, telling them to meet at Eternalia, a city capital where the most important matters involving both clans are announced.
Then, the four people who would leading would announce the news of peace to the people and sign the treaty.
All the logistics of clan names would be sorted afterwards.

"Alright then," Mr. Forkle said in a commanding voice. "It looks like we have a plan. If Miss Bray would send out that message, we can get started to Eternalia."

Everyone else murmured in agreement and stood from the rectangular table, some still shooting each other suspicious looks.

Sophie found her parents in the crowd, their faces awash with nerves and excitement.

"Hey, kiddo," Grady smiled as she walked up to them. "Ready to get back in those carriage and get this whole thing over with?"

Sophie nodded. "You have no idea."

The three filed out of the meeting room, soon joined by Sophie's friends and their parents, and headed out toward the carriages.

But before Sophie had reached the Villa's exit, she heard a voice behind her.

"Psst, Foster!"

Sophie whirled around, her heart quickening.

There was only one person it could've been to refer to her by Foster.

~

Hello everyone!
Yay! We got to see Kimia again!
Who do you think has the better name? Blackswan or Neverseen?
Bye!
~T