forty one ⊹ fort benning

⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛

When Shane and Rick got back inside our vehicles, everybody had questions. "What happened?" Lori inquired.

"Seems like it's not safe. The military guy was murdered, not even bit, which isn't pretty" Rick explained.

Daryl drove his bike up to Rick's window. "We are moving though?" Daryl asked.

"We still don't know for sure. We got to at least check it out" Rick sighed.

Daryl nodded and drove ahead while the rest slowly trailed behind him. Daryl stopped at the entrance and squinted as he saw a bunch of walkers pounding on the front gate. Carol held onto him close.

Shane got out of the vehicle and took out his shotgun. Rick quickly got out and got in front of Shane. "Shane-Shane..what are you doing?" Rick asked.

"Isn't it obvious, man? We gotta clear this gateway" Shane scoffed.

"No way, maybe there's another way in. We can't just rush into these types of things." Rick shook his head.

"They wouldn't leave a walker horde like this untouched," Andrea pointed out.

"She's right." Shane nodded.

"So what, is it a dead end?" Maggie questioned.

"We can clear it out and make it a place we can call home" Shane tried to change Rick's mind.

"Enough. We already made one bad choice listening to you" Rick argued. Shane sighed, shaking his head.

"He's got a point" Glenn agreed with Shane.

"Yeah, as much as I like to disagree with his way of thinking, we can at least give it a try," Hershel said.

"Alright then, if we do this, we do it right" Rick finally agreed. Let's stab them one by one. We can't attract the noise."

"This is ridiculous; we drove miles away from the farm. That horde wouldn't even be able to hear us" Shane argued.

"What is your problem?" Rick said, getting fed up with Shane's actions.

"This is a horrible idea, and somebody could get hurt. That's my problem" Shane replied.

"Nobody's gonna get hurt unless you wanna start something?" Rick shot at Shane.

"Anything I start will be to save people, not get them killed" Shane smirked before walking away.

↫❤⤧❤↬

"Grab your guns, people," Shane said, having had enough waiting.

"What? Everyone stay still; you don't call the shots" Rick argued.

"Don't listen to Rick! We can make this place safe! Trust me... even if you don't like me... it's a smart decision, you know that" Shane told the group.

"We will not let you do this," Lori said, getting up to Shane's face. There was a moment of tension between them.

"Oh no" T-Dog said, causing Rick and Shane to divert their attention toward the horde of about twenty walkers making their way toward their group.

"Now, what do u think we should do, Rick?" Shane scoffed.

Rick didn't say anything but glare before Shane turned and began to fire off at the approaching walkers.

Daryl, Andrea, T-Dog, and Glenn helped Shane out. And with almost no effort, they cleared the horde within minutes.

"Look, you see? Nothing is coming out of the woods to eat us... we're good," Shane reassured them before walking towards the gate.

With people trailing behind them. Shane searched for a way in and then noticed the gate was supposed to be pulled open.

"Come on, Daryl and T, help me out," Shane offered as the three of them pushed the gate.Everyone got a look inside of the empty Fort Benning base. There were soldier corpses on the ground and even some civilians. 

"This isn't looking so good after all" Carol said.

"She's right." Hershel nodded.

"Get a small group and bring them with me; everyone else stays outside near the cars until we say it's safe. Lori, you're in charge while we're gone, okay?" Rick directed as Lori nodded.

"Let's go" Rick obstructed before entering the abandoned base.

As they walked through the streets of Fort Benning, they caught sight of all the dead bodies and were questioning what had happened there.

"What- happened here?" Glenn questioned.

"You think they murdered each other?" Daryl followed up.

"Maybe" Rick shrugged.

"Looks like a graveyard of bodies" T-Dog said as they continued walking.

"Get used to it. You in an apocalypse, T" Shane sighed.

↫❤⤧❤↬

They stopped when they reached a walker and fed upon a woman. Daryl then signaled the others to hold off before taking the walker out with an arrow.

"Looks like there are some walkers after all" Daryl said.

"Most of these bodies are filled with bullets" Rick pointed out.

"The streets also have signs of a fight" T-Dog added.

"What now? Do we remove all these bodies?" Glenn asked, to which Rick nodded.

"You think this place still has food?" Glenn asked.

"I doubt it." Shane shook his head.

"Let's go find out" Rick said. They proceeded to check everywhere for food storage and, after a while, finally found it in the basement of a dining facility.

It was pitch black, and a flashlight was needed. T-Dog coughed instantly. "Are you alright there, T?" Shane asked, and T-Dog nodded.

"This place is filled with dust and no power" Rick said.

"Power ran out not too long after all this went down." Daryl nodded.

"Me and Daryl will check this out; you three keep searching" Rick obstructed as they nodded and left.

Daryl and Rick looked through the basement with their flashlights but found nothing.

"You see anything?" Rick sighed, noticing his boots were wet from blood on the ground. Daryl whistled to Rick as he pulled open a fridge containing a couple of packages of food left. Rick checked it out, patting Daryl's back before opening another fridge containing some beverages.

"We hit the jackpot. Maybe it provides us a week or two." Rick nodded.

"It should. Let's get this back to the rest" Daryl said before they returned upstairs with the supplies. Suddenly, a walker stumbled into view, But before it could get anywhere close to them, Daryl shot it down with his crossbow.

They were about to meet up with the rest when they caught sight of a man unconscious near a dumpster. Daryl and Rick expected him to be dead at first, but when he began to stir, they were anxious.

"Hello?" the male asked, looking up at the two. Daryl and Rick exchanged glances before looking back down at him.