Home.

D A L L A S

Darry had us all in the house for a quick talk. He said that Liz was coming in the morning, and I guess the gang's all excited.

Steve still can't get over the car she gave him, and Two-Bit keeps making plans for what they should do when she gets here. I think they have a crush on her, I mean they've been blushing at every mention of her. Then again, who wouldn't have a crush on Liz? She's everything that someone would want.

God, I miss Liz. And her soft laugh, and her light voice, and her beautiful singing in the morning. I haven't slept with all-too-many girls lately, they just don't feel like Liz. Also, the girls here are still trashy as ever. You'd think they changed to at least a bit more class.

Anyway, we all decided to sleep in the Curtis house for the night because we all want to be here when she gets here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Why? I trusted you, man. I shouldn't have. I knew it."

"You don't understand. Dal, baby, I love you, but this isn't going to work out. Not while I'm gone." She muttered, shaking her head.

"Oh, you don't trust me now?!?" My voice grew louder with anger.

"You know what, no! I don't trust you Dallas! Because I know how you are! You have girls practically hanging off you every second of the day and dammit, you'll sleep with them all as soon as I leave. I know you Dallas, and I don't want have you tied down. I'm setting you free." Tears rolled down her tinted cheeks freely as she handed me the Christopher that I dedicated to her, "Can't you see that?"

I looked down at my ring before clutching it and shoving it in my pocket. She turned around and began walking away before I spoke up.

"You won't forget me, right?"

"Of course not. Don't worry, you'll always be in my heart, Winston." She smirked.

"All right, man. See ya 'round, Curtis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was roughly shaken awake.

Looking up, I was faced with Johnny, his face illuminated by the street lights outside.

"Bad dream?" He whispered.

"Nah man, more like a bad memory." I sighed, sitting up.

"Do you think that Liz will be the same?" Johnny asked after a moment of silence.

"I don't know man. I saw some of her interviews on TV, it looks like she changed a bit. You know, it's been going around that she's a lot more full of herself."

"Yeah, people say that she has become a bit more Soc-y. I guess we'll find out later." He shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L I Z

I looked down at my outfit. I had on a dark blue sweater with a button-up underneath, the collar showing. I wore black skinny jeans and black suede heels.

The black limousine sped off, leaving me in front of the old, weathered down house.

The grass was nicely cut; dew was sticking to the bottom of my heels. The air was thick and misty, and it smelled of fresh rain. Ah, I remember the smell of rain is called Petrichor. Peculiar name, but what can you do.

I stepped up to the porch, staring at the doorknob. It seems as though everyone is either sleeping or not in the house, which I highly doubt the second one. It's only 6:30 am. And on a Saturday? Even Darry is lazy on Saturdays.

I took my heels off before doing anything, because honestly, they make so much noise. I grasped the knob and slowly turned it, quietly entering the house.

My heart practically pulsed out of my chest at the sight of the boys I longed to see for months.

I became overwhelmed with excitement as I was tempted to wake them up, but they might get mad considering it's early in the morning.

I walked into Ponyboy and Soda's room, where I just wanted to hug and kiss them and tell them I was here, but I didn't. I rushed out to see one of my favorite human beings in the world, Darry.

He looked so young when he slept, which is how he should look, but unfortunately a sad turn of events has changed that. I just want to throw something at him and wake him up, but let's not do that. He works too hard, might as well let him get some shut-eye.

I walked into my original room, which surprisingly looks exactly the same as when I left it, only the sheets look messed up, so I guess Johnny must've crashed here a couple of times. However, I love a messy bed, and at 6 a.m., it looks very welcoming.

I leaped onto the bed, hiding my small figure under the white covers, instantly feeling warmth. My eyelids became heavier as I let sleep take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She looks so cute, awe."

"Shh. Two, you're gonna wake her up if ya keep yapping."

I felt the presence of people surrounding me, and my heart beat quickly as I willed myself to pretend to sleep.

"Steve, stop drooling at my girlfriend."

"What the hell are you talking about? She's single, and she'd never date you."

"Excuse me, but how do you know if she's single or not?"

"Huh, she better be single. I don't want her dating guys left and right." I heard a deep, raspy voice that was obviously Darry's.

"Well, I'm not waiting for her to wake up."

After a while of whispers being thrown around, I decided to pretend to wake up. I smiled as they awed at me.

"Hey y'all. Miss me?" I smirked.

They all jumped on me, making me squeal and laugh.

"We missed you, doll!"

"How was tour?"

"Where did you go?"

"Did you meet any celebrities?"

"Was it fun?"

Millions of questions were thrown at me, I had to stop them from asking any more.

"Whoa, whoa, wait. Let me answer. The tour was absolutely perfect, I went to Asia, Europe, Australia, parts of Africa, America, Central America, Canada, and I also performed on award shows and radio stations. I've met plenty of celebrities like Elizabeth Taylor, The Beatles, and Elvis. And yes, it was fun." I said in one breath, panting toward the end.

We spent time talking, catching up, and just making up for lost time. When I looked at the clock, it was about 1:30 p.m.

"Well, you're staying here like last time, right?" Two-Bit said, making them all smile.

"Oh, no you guys. I already bought a mansion on the west side. I doubt y'all would feel comfortable there, you know, with all the Socs around." I smiled sincerely.

"Oh," Darry said with a disappointed look, "well you'll still visit, right?"

"Oh, I'm sure I can fit in some time for you guys." I said nervously.

Oh goodness. I was so engaged with working, my new house, and just recently, Marcus, that I don't think I even barely have time for the boys. I kind of feel bad for them, I know they wanted to spend time with me, and I honestly looked forward to it too. Oh, well.

I noticed Johnny share an uneasy glance with Dallas before focusing back on me. I pretended not to notice, but I knew something was up.

And I am not letting this go down easily.