Chapter 3

Stiles glanced at his reflection in the mirror. In a few short hours, the face staring back at him would not be the same. What worried him the most was Scott seeing his eyes. The cold, glowing blue. Malia wouldn't mind, Kira would act like it was fine but Scott...he didn't know if the True Alpha could handle it.

Lydia was right about one thing. He wasn't a monster. But she was wrong too. He was a killer. His eyes were proof of that.

Stiles's phone beeped. "Ready?" The text read.
Stiles texted back a quick "yes". Then he threw himself in his car and took off to the lake house, already feeling the effects of the impending full moon.

Derek was against Stiles driving here alone.
"What happens if he loses it before he gets here?" He had said. "I'm pretty sure, Sheriff won't enjoy shooting a bullet through his sons head."

Stiles had to admit, Derek made a good point but that didn't change the fact Stiles needed to keep himself in control and driving was the only way he could do that. He was afraid, if he wasn't alone on the short ride he would become to worried about hurting his companion he would do just that.

The lights were on at the lake house when Stiles arrived. The several cars and motorcycle in the driveway told him all his friends were already inside awaiting his arrival.

He stood outside the door a moment before taking a deep breath and pushing it open.

All eyes were on him as he took a seat in the leather chair beside the fireplace.

Several cuffed chains were scattered across the glass coffee table. The bigger ones, Stiles concluded, were for him.

Scott placed a hand in Stiles's shoulder. "I'll be with you the whole time. Lydia and Derek too. Kira will stay with Malia."

Stiles nodded. "Are you sure you want to be there?" He asked the Alpha. "I mean it was hard for me to see you turn the first time." He tried to sound casual about it but he was certain his fast beating heart was a dead give away to the nervousness inside him.

"Of course." Scott smiled, a sad small smile, his eyes reassuring. "You're my best friend , Stiles. And if I can help I will."

Stiles knew then there was nothing he could say to make Scott change his mind. He got up slowly to his feet and took a few shaky steps forward.

"Okay." Stiles said, looking from eye to eye. "Let's do this."