Chapter 2

The school bells blared through Stiles's eardrums, making him cower over in seething pain.

"Stiles? Stiles, come on." Scott said pulling him up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Stiles panted, "Yeah, Scott I'm fine."

Scott narrowed his eyes at his best friend. "Are you sure?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah...yeah totally fine."

They walked to class in silence, Scott listening closely to his friends quickening heartbeat. Sitting across from him, Scott could see the hurt flashing through Stiles's eyes. There was something more bothering him. More than the coming moon, or the constant erratic scrapes of the chalkboard. What ever it was, Scott didn't want to bother Stiles with it but felt he should know incase there was anyway he could help. But if Stiles didn't want to say, than he was going to accept that. For Stiles.

The day seemed to drag on endlessly. Stiles sulked from class to class occasionally stopping to converse with Scott or Malia at their lockers. He wanted to tell someone. The horror was eating him alive. He could tell Scott but he didn't want to worry him. Malia, well Malia just wouldn't understand. Kira maybe. Lydia...why not Lydia. She'd listen. She'd understand. Wouldn't she? Before Stiles knew it he was standing at her locker tapping his foot anxiously.

"What?" She asked unlocking it.

"I-uh- I need to talk to somebody." He said, avoiding the direct subject.

"Talk to Scott." She said, barely paying attention to the conversation.

He was quiet for a moment. "I can't."

Lydia shut her locker and leaned on it heavily. "And why not?"

Stiles sighed. "Because...because I don't want him to think that what I'm about to say is his fault."

She caught his eyes and saw the pain Scott had been seeing all day. "Stiles, come with me."

She took his hand, leading him into the music room. They sat down, close enough to where their knees were touching.

"Now," she said, "what's bothering you."

Stiles took a breath. "Well, it's my eyes."

"What do you mean?" She asked. "Aren't they gold?"

He looked down. "They were at first. But now..." He trailed off looking back up at her.

She gasped and took his face in her hands. Her green eyes equally apart with his glowing blue ones.

"How did this happen?"

He shrugged. "I killed people remember?"

She shook her head. "Stiles, that wasn't you."

"But I remember doing it, Lydia. And it's that guilt and confusion that did this to me." He paused. "I have the eyes of a killer."

"No. No. Stiles. Don't think like that. You didn't do any of that. You know that don't you? Don't you?" She yelled out the last two words.

"Lydia what does it matter? The blood is on my hands. It doesn't matter if the nogitsune was in charge of my body and mind. He damaged my soul."

"Stiles you need to calm down. You're hurting me."

Stiles looked down and saw his clawed hands wrapped tightly around Lydia's wrists.

"Lydia," he said. "I'm so sorry." He backed away from her slowly. "I should go."

"No." She called. "Stay. Please, Stiles. Don't leave me."

He sat back down, wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she leaned her head against him.

"No matter what color your eyes are Stiles," she said. "One thing will never change."

"What's that?"

"Who you really are. You're not a killer, not a monster, you're 17 year old boy. A little sarcastic, a little out of the ordinary, but with the biggest heart I've ever seen. That Stiles, is one thing that can never be taken away from you. No matter what."