Chapter Five

"Lydia, run!" Scott was losing his grip on Stiles, the out of control teen slipping from his hands.

Lydia didn't move. She watched the glowing blue eyes and glistening fangs move frantically in an attempt the break free. She watched as the boy she loved disappeared into a snarling beast. She couldn't run. She couldn't leave him like this. She had to help him.

"Lydia!" Scott yelled again.

She wasn't listening. Instead she crept forward, kneeling down at Stiles's side.

He turned his head to look at her, no humanity could be seen in those blue eyes.

"Scott, let him go."

"What?"

Lydia met Scott's eyes, her own determined and full of ideas. "He won't hurt me."

Stiles snarled. Pushing back against Scott. They both tumbled to the ground. In an instant Stiles was on top of Scott, his claws digging into the Alpha's shoulder blades. Stiles snapped his fangs, growling and sputtering, trying to rip what ever flesh he could.

"Stiles stop!"

The werewolf froze. He turned his head, sniffing at the air, having forgotten the banshee in the room.

He's finish the Alpha later. Right now he wanted the girl.

Lydia braced herself. She wanted to scream. She felt the horrible feeling of impending death. But most of all she felt fear. This was her Stiles, her Stiles. And he was slowly making his way over to her. To kill her.

He wrapped his clawed fingers around her neck and squeezed. Lydia searched for breath but couldn't find any. Black spots danced in her eyes. Stiles was going to kill her.

"I-I-I." She couldn't get the words out. Stiles had to hear them. He had to. "I-Love-y-you."

The claws were gone.

Lydia felt herself slip down the wall to the floor. She was alive. The darkness over eyes bypassed and could see her Stiles, human looking and in control.

"Lydia." Stiles looked down at her, his eyes dripping with tears. They were brown. They are human. They were his.

Lydia slowly got to her feet. She took a step forward, earning a cautious look from both Scott and Stiles. She ignored them. Her arms draped around Stiles, she kissed his cheek and buried her head in his neck.

He held her, whispering over and over. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

"It wasn't you." She whispered back, her voice quaking. On the verge of crying.

Stiles didn't say anything for a moment. He pulled her back so their eyes were meeting and their foreheads touching. "I love you."

Lydia let go of a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Her lips met Stiles's like they were meant to go together. It was like magic the way their lips knew what to do, how to please the other person.

When the kiss was broken by the need to breath, Stiles smiled at her, a goofy look in his eyes.

"What?" She asked, acknowledging it.

"I had this plan." Stiles paused for a moment, hearing Scott in the background snicker slightly. "I had this plan, that I could get you to fall in love with me within fifteen years."

Lydia raised an eye brow, an amused smirk on her lips. "Oh really?"

Stiles chuckled. "Guess it worked."

Lydia rolled her eyes, then crashed her lips onto his again.

Scott watched happily as his best-friend found his anchor. As long as Lydia's around Stiles would be fine.

Then he remember Derek.