• f o u r t e e n •

"We are all puppets in the hands of our demons. We are the servants to our thoughts and mind, Dancing to their music, living life the way they want us to"

 We are the servants to our thoughts and mind, Dancing to their music, living life the way they want us to"

B l a z e

I could perceive voices all around me whispering dangerously low. I was still drifting in and out of consciousness, but I could hear them clearly.

"Where did you find her?" a deep voice growled and it sounded familiar. I couldn't quite put my finger on it as my thoughts were hazy.

"I was driving by and I saw her walking alone on the sidewalk. She seemed pale and before I could ask her what was wrong, she just passed out" an unfamiliar male voice answered. Concern laced this person's voice and I didn't know if I should be scared or grateful.

"Where the fuck was her jackass boyfriend? How could he leave her to walk alone, let alone at night?" I recognised the voice immediately as I grasped reality. It was Rafael's. Only he spoke in such a way about Aiden.

I felt myself gaining consciousness but both the boys were oblivious to me waking up. I felt groggy and sore all over. It was quite cold, or was it just me?

"You're pretty riled up, Hernandez" the other voice chuckled. Rafael muttered something under his breath but instantly noticed me shivering as I woke up.

"Blaze. Are you okay? What the hell happened to you? Do you want a blanket? Fuck, you're shivering. Of course you want a blanket. I'm going to kill that jerk. Why were you out so late? Damn it, I'm not a bloody doctor, what the fuck do I do? I told you to take her to the hospital" Rafael kept on rambling and he looked furious but I know that it wasn't directed towards me.

"Rafael" I slowly said. "Yes princesa?" he softly asked. "Shut Up" I answered and let out a weak laugh but winced at the sharp needles of agony embedded in my body. I couldn't help saying that. He looked flustered and cute. The images of Aiden's torture invaded my brain and my mouth clamped shut.

He let out a deep laugh at my answer and the boy next to him gave me a soft smile. He seemed familiar, as if we had coexisted in the same town, but I couldn't put a name to the face.

His caramel skin was flawless, and his eyes were piercing into mine. They were a beautiful mix between brown and hazel and were beaming with kindness. His brown hair was cut short near his ears and his teeth gleamed with the light. He had a sharp jawline that made his face seem almost sculpted. He was beautiful, to say the least. His aura radiated gentle, friendly waves.

I weakly smiled back but I was still unsure as to who he was. Rafael left the room for some reason and me and the other boy were engulfed in an uncomfortable silence.