• t h i r t e e n •

"All these memories and flashbacks are just another painful reminder that no matter what I do or however hard I try, I will never get you back"

B l a z e

Aiden turned around and all I could feel was his anger radiating off him in waves. I shrunk away as he spoke "Why does he have your number?" His face was blank except the furious look in his eyes. "We're paired up for a project" I replied without looking him in the eyes. He kept on glaring at me "I thought I told you to stay away from him".

I internally felt the urge to roll my eyes as I replied "How am I supposed to do that if we're partners?" My eyes widened at my words. I said that out loud. Aiden was shocked at my sudden confidence and he glared at me once again. "Did you just talk back?" he snarled. I was careful not to let my tongue slip this time. "No, I mean Mrs. Reynolds paired us together and I also have to go to his house this Saturday" my newly found confidence was surprising to both myself and Aiden.

"I don't want you sleeping around, now do I?" Aiden suddenly stalked towards me and grabbed my upper arm painfully. I wasn't the one sleeping around.

"I'm just going for the project. I'll be back in a few hours" I said, pain shooting up my arm due to his death grip. "You better be, otherwise it won't be too pretty for you" he seethed as he let go of my arm. I wondered if I should ask him about hanging out with Bree and decided to just get it over with. I couldn't mention Rafael, Aiden was already pissed at me for meeting up for the project. I was surprised he even let me go so easily.

"There's one more thing" I muttered as Aiden faced me. "Bree and I are going out on Sunday". I felt happy that I was standing up to him one way or another. I didn't need to ask permission from him. He suddenly raised his arm and slapped me. My cheeks stung from the impact.

"Who said you were going?" He said in a low voice. And just like that, my resolve crumbled. It was a mistake to think I could be strong. He always found a way to bring me down. "I-I meant to ask" I mumbled as he lifted my chin up harshly. "Don't think you can run from me, sweetheart. I'm here to stay" He sickly grinned as his hand came down one me once again. I felt tears well up in my eyes but I forced them to stay at bay. I didn't want to appear more weak than I already was. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

"All these people don't know the real you, Blaze. They don't see the weak you and the ugly scars like I do. They don't see the girl who let her best friend die. If you think you deserve more, think again. All you deserve is pain." He yelled at me and every single one of his words hurt me. What he was saying was true, and the tears finally let loose. He punched me in the stomach and kicked me again and again. Even though it was the second time today, I felt numb.