• t w e l v e •

"No one else can make me feel the way you do. The way my insides flutter when you smile to the way my blood boils when you're hurt, it's exclusively for you. Always"

❃ B l a z e ❃

B l a z e

Today was just the same as yesterday. I was left to pick myself off the floor once Aiden was done with me. This was becoming a daily occurrence and it was really too much to handle. Surprisingly, Aiden didn't leave today and he was going through his phone in his bedroom, but most of the nights he was away.

I slept in my bedroom, which was earlier a guest bedroom before I moved in. His parents were filthy rich, there was no doubt about it. Their money showed in their lavish furniture to the expensive cars Aiden owned.

I hadn't seen them for months. They travelled a lot and due to the fact they were never home, Aiden always had his way. The nights that they were home, which were only a couple of times during the last year, were the best days.

It wasn't always like this. They actually used to live in this house. Ever since Kiara passed away, they couldn't bear to be home. It was a stark reminder of the loss they suffered. However, when they were around, everyone would act as if life was peachy and they still weren't hurting from the void left behind by her loss.

Over the years, I spent most of the time at the Marshall's house and although Mark and Andrea were never around, they always considered me to be their daughter. If only they knew what was going on.

I only had an idea of what Mark did. He was a criminal lawyer, and he earned a generous amount of money to say the least. Their constant absences on so-called vacations and cases for the last year were proof. I just wished they stayed at home like before.

As I got up and went to took a shower, I wondered if I should ask Aiden about my plans for the weekend. I figured it was better if I gave myself some time to gather courage and compose myself and of course give him some time to cool down.

I took a long shower and tried to soothe some of the bruises but to no avail. My thoughts were muddled and all over the place. I was a chronic overthinker, surprise surprise. My added mental health issues didn't help when I needed to calm myself down, because Aiden was never there for me.

I somehow wondered how he could grow to despise me so much if he used to love me at a time. He took away so much, scarring me for life. Because of him, I would have nightmares that marred my brain for years. It seemed like an eternity ago, when he had last looked at me with love and care in his eyes. I had come to realise that Kiara was the glue holding us together and that connection snapped when she went away.