16

Emma gets up from her chair and walks inside trying to find her purse.

"emma? what's wrong?"

"I can't find my purse where is it?"

"I don't know, what happened who was that?"

No answer. Timmy walks over and puts both hands on her cheeks to make her look at him. When he looks in her eyes all he sees is fear and tears.

"my- my dad- uh... my dad- he's in the- the hospital," she sobs. "he had a heart attack." She cries and Timmy's heart completely shatters. He wraps her arms above her shoulders and she snuggles up in his chest. He gives her a quick kiss on the head before saying, "i'll drive you."

"are you sure you don't have-."

"I'm driving you," he grabs his keys and is out the door with Emma.

***

"Excuse me? Hi i'm looking for Sam Maguire, he's my father?" Emma asks the lady at the front desk.

"Floor 5 Down the hall to your right room number 507"

"Thanks," Emma says and walks into the elevator, Timmy following close behind.

She starts crying again, scared something bad happened. Timmy pushes the button to make the elevator stop and brings her in for a hug where she nuzzles her head into his neck.

"You have to be strong for him so once we step off this elevator you can't cry."

She doesn't answer just stays hugging Timmy.

Eventually she pulls away and wipes under her eyes, getting rid of any trace of her crying, and pushes the button so the elevator moves again.

The two walk out of the elevator and turn to the right  to see room 507. Emma is freaking out inside but knows she has to stay strong for whatever is inside that room.

"Emma you're here."

"hi Ada," she sees her dad in the hospital bed sleeping, or hoping he's sleeping. Adalyn looks behind to see Timmy.

"Oh sorry this is Timmy, I was with him when you called... how's dad?" She stands at the end of the bed.

"he's resting right now," Emma lets out a breath, thank god.

"So what happened?"

"I don't know one minute we were eating dinner and the next he couldn't breathe... it was awful," Adalyn starts to cry and Emma pulls her in for a hug.

"What'd the doctors say?"

"That he'll be ok but they need to monitor him for 2 days overnight."

"Good good," she thanks anyone and everyone. "Oh Timmy you can go home if you want? Thank you for the ride."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"i'll be fine," she answers knowing she eventually will be. He brings her in for another hug and tells Adalyn it was nice to meet her and walks out of the room. But doesn't leave. He should stay so he decides to sit on one of the chairs that's down the hall, desperately looking for some sleep.

***

"aw your little boyfriend stayed last night," Adalyn jokes when she sees Timmy outside. It's great how she can still be a little happy while still being at the hospital for dad.

"He's not my boyfriend... i'll go wake him up and talk to him." She walks over and leans down in front of him.

"Timmy, T wake up." His eyes flutter open and he sees her.