08

It's been a week since the two saw what they each looked like and have been facetiming ever since. neither of them have much to do since quarantine so they spend a lot of online time together. Emma feels like she knows him but not as much as she hoped she would by now.

"I'm watching 'Call Me By Your Name' tonight," Emma explains.

"Oh really?"

"yup, everyone said it was sad and I really don't feel like crying but i'm gonna watch anyway"

"yeah you'll probably cry. listen I got to go my mom is dropping me off a few things but call me at the good parts," Timmy winks and smiles then hangs up.

It's 5 minutes into the movie and Emma is already in love with it. The scenery, the font in the beginning, Timothée, everything.

She had no idea what was gonna happen but had a giant smile on her face when Elio kissed Oliver for the first time while laying down in the grass.

Timmy hears his phone ring, assuming it's Emma, and it is.

"oh my god you guys just kissed for the first time... so exciting!!" Emma hangs up before he can even answer her and goes back to the movie.

"dude just sleep with each other already" she mumbles to herself. "you know you want to... I would" she whispers to herself again and giggles.

Timmy's phone rings yet again and he answers.

"i'm literally sobbing," she says and Timmy can hear her voice break through the phone.

"there's no way you've already finished it," he says.

"'call me by your name and i'll call you by mine' how could you not be sobbing right now??!!! and oh my god that whole scene was beautifully filmed."

"I knew you would like it, are you okay?"

"me? i'm grand!! totally, call ya in a few!!" Timmy sits there dumbfounded wondering what 'grand' even means. Guess another irish thing he had no idea about.

a half an hour later Timmy hears his phone ring for the third time.

"yup?"

"what. the. hell. oh don't do it... don't do it elio come onnn," Timmy knew exactly what scene she was talking about. The peach scene.

"HA HA DUDE YOU'RE FUCKIN A PEACH" her voice breaks as she says peach and he laughs.

"I guess I am," she goes quiet for a few minutes.

"ooo Oliver comin in acting like the peach gahd damn," Emma laughs and thinks to herself what it'd be like if she was Oliver right about now.

"oh my god you're crazy," he responds.

"I have a question."

"shoot"

"after filming this... did you know... in real life... did you ever- youknowwhatnevermind!!" she hangs up the phone embarrassed of ever even thinking of asking that. But then her phone rings.

"finish"

"no"

"why not?"

"it's embarrassing," she cringes. "you already know what I was gonna say anyway"

"i do but I wanna hear you say it," he says and Emma feels taken aback by his voice getting deeper.

"nope," she squeals.

"say it"

"FINEDIDYOUEVERWANNAFUCKAPEACHINREALLIFE," she rushes.

He dies laughing.

"ha ha I didn't think you'd actually say it"

"well are you going to answer?"

"no who the fuck wants to have sex with a peach," he laughs.

"Apparently Elio"

"I guess but that's what girls are for right?"

"woah girls aren't just some toy you can fuck whenever you want!!"

"i know I know i'm joking I wouldn't do that to a woman," he explains.

"Good I don't like those people"

"finish the movie." he hangs up and she plays the movie smiling at their conversation... but soon in tears as the end credits roll in.

This time she facetimes him so he can see how hard she's crying.

"you're fucking kidding me right no no no," she sobs.

"so did you like it?!"

"did I like it? you dickhead why did you make me watch this i'm scarred for life. No romance movie will make up to this one. Not even The Notebook. Or Pride and Prejudice. Actually I take that back Pride and Prejudice is a classic but ARE YOU SERIOUS? no way that is how it ended."

"how do you manage to still look pretty while crying?" he mumbles hoping he didn't hear her.

"what?" she asks even though she heard him.

"nothing, so I'm guessing you liked it."

"fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you, I need alcohol and a hug," she exclaims.

"I would offer to come over but I don't know where you live."

"what about social distancing?"

"screw social distancing I wanna see you."

"i'm a mess right now anyway we should just meet tomorrow somewhere," she answers trying to hide her blush while wiping her eyes.

"do you know Paula's Bagel Shop, on the corner of seventh and twenty-first?"

"yeah I love it there," she answers... trying to stop crying.

"2:00pm meet me there?"

"sound"

"great"

"see you tomorrow Timmy" she hangs up and lies back on her couch. She's finally gonna meet him. The dreamy stranger that walked into her life in the weirdest way.

———————————————————————————

Authors note: the next chapter is the best