"..........the heroes who protect the Kingdom? Are the lowest?" Emerald looks shocked.

"Heroes……..we are only heroes in times of wa---ouch!"

Emerald punches hard.
She grabs Michael's collar tightly and glares at him.
Michael is shocked and so as the rest of the squadron.

"Go outside!"

"Prince---"

"Go outside and ask everyone in the street! Ask them who protects the Kingdom and maintain peace! Sir soldier, you might feel you are the lowest but our citizens needed you. Why do soldiers belittle themselves? You are the first and last defence of our kingdom. Without you, royalty, king, prince,nobles…..we are nothing."

Michael opens his mouth and closes it.
He did it over and over again. His eyes are staring at Emerald's blue eyes.
It is like the blue sky is shining in front of him.

Slowly, Emerald let his collar go.
"Sorry, am I too much? Did I hurt you?" She asks softly as she sees the shock in Michael's face.

Michael smiles after a while.
"Princess…"

"Hmm?"

"Please be my Kin---"

"Shut up!"

Emerald walks away.
Michael didn't follow her.
But he is watching her.
Michael knew from the very beginning….that Princess Emerald is different. But he only thinks that it is because she is the only princess he knows that sells food, cooks food and talks to the soldier like she is one of them.

Now he is sure why she is different.

Because she doesn't look at anyone by appearances, ranks, positions or titles. 
And she is someone that respects them.

Rustles.

"You punk!"
Michael's team mates tackled him.

"Ekkk! What?"

"Didn't we all agree to come together?"

"Come? Together?"

The older man sighs.
"We discussed this this afternoon. That we will go and kneel in front of the princess as a squadron!"

"Ehhh? When? Sorry..I am not paying attention." Michael honestly answered.

They all sigh.
Like Michael they all received the Princess's intentions.

"Well, I think it is not bad that you alone got rejected."

"Ehh?" Michael frowns.

They all look at where the Princess disappears.

"Let's all do our best for this kingdom." He said.

Michael and the others nod.

"We should not fail the citizens and those who believe in us." Another followed.

They all nod their heads.

Hero.

They are the kingdom's hero.

The squadrons annual sparring match begins.

All the 15 squadrons lined up in front of the King and the 12 princes.
There are also 6 princesses sitting on the lower seats.
The dashing knights all puff their chest to show their might.

"The annual Squadrons Sparring Match will now begin!"
The Military Commander shouted. He is standing at the left side of the King's throne.
The right side is the Prime Minister.

The Referee will be Randy.
The Harem's head Manager.

Michael is one of the contenders.
He has been a soldier for 4 years and has the qualification to attend.