smiling, a weirdo, and the start of a stressful week

the day we would leave for our internships came quickly, and my legs shake slightly as i nervously stare between aizawa-sensei and the board showcasing where and when each train comes and goes. being paranoid about missing my train isn't fun, but you kinda just learn to deal with it.

we were obviously supposed to bring our hero costumes, and aizawa's making sure everyone is prepared before we go, telling us basic rules and things we need to know while we intern. this all just seems so much more stressful with all the extra things he's telling us.

"hey, sasaki-chan!" i hear from behind me, and i turn quickly to see jirou, ashido, and yaoyorozu all looking at me and smiling.

"good luck with your internship!" ashido exclaims cheerfully, pumping her fist in the air encouragingly, and i smile weakly at her, returning the gesture.

"the same to you guys. i hope you all do well."

while the other two walk off, jirou walks over to me, smiling, and holds out a hand for me. i confusedly take her hand, and she smiles wider as she clasps it tightly in her grip, making my ears heat up.

"maybe we can meet up for that date you owe me when we both get a break?" she asks, nervousness seeping into her voice, but i grin at her and nod my head almost too eagerly.

"that sounds great!" i say excitedly, and her already wide smile gets bigger at my response, both of us giggling at how awkward we are.

"well then, i guess i'll see you soon enough. good luck, sasaki-chan," jirou says, boring her dark, pretty eyes into mine, and i blush under the intensity of her gaze. she's so pretty it's literally making me not able to think.

looks like you actually have a date, princess

i ignore him, grinning at her one more time before hearing my train being called for boarding, and i wave at her as i walk away, earning one in return.

let's just hope that i don't screw anything up while interning with the fucking fire department.

while i may only be traveling to the musutafu fire department, it's a considerably long train ride, and that gives me time to think about just how much i could screw up throughout this week of interning.

okay you seriously need to stop thinking. it's annoying as all fuck, and i'm tired of you being paranoid about every little thing

'well i'm fucking sorry that i can't help but overthink you headass'

don't call me a headass you little bitch

'don't tell me what to do'

bitch if you don't-

the jerk is cut off when i hear our stop be announced, so i grab my costume case, get up from my spot, and exit the train car. luckily, this station wasn't as packed as i'd thought it would be, so that makes it easier to find a map and figure out where the fuck i'm actually supposed to go.

i find the fire department a few blocks away from this station, so i head out to face the ungodly sunlight and look around for where i'm supposed to go. if i've already forgotten, i'm fucking doomed.

you already forgot, dumbass

"shut it," i quietly hiss, racking my brain to try and remember how to get there, when i feel something land on my shoulder, and i turn abruptly to see a short blonde girl with a weirdly sweet smile on her face, looking at me.

"hello! i'm sorry, but i couldn't help noticing you looked lost! is there anything i can help you with?" she says in a cheerful tone, the smile never leaving her face, and i nervously chuckle. strangers always make me nervous, but then again, i think that's how it is for most people my age or in general.

"uh, yeah, i'm looking for the fire department? could you please tell me where to go?" i ask awkwardly, but the girl doesn't seem to either notice or care, and points in the direction of a few buildings.

"just go down that street, turn left at the intersection, and then right at the next crosswalk. have a nice day!" she exclaims, and i bow politely as i thank her, but she smiles widely and waves me off, skipping down the street and leaving me there.

she looks crazy. i don't trust that bitch

"well neither do i, but i can't be late, so i'm just gonna go."

turns out, her directions were correct and didn't lead me to some brothel or gang lying in wait, so i walk into the building and nervously greet the man at the front desk.

"um, hello, i'm the intern, here from u.a.?"

the man nods, a look of recognition on his face as he looks through some papers.

"yeah, the kid here for the internship, right? how about you go get changed, since backdraft is in the back right now? i'll tell him you're here, okay, kid?" he states, a kind tilt of his lips almost putting me at ease, and i nod hesitantly with a bow. i walk into the women's changing room, hurriedly changing into my lackluster costume, and walk out once again, almost having a heart attack when i see a woman there waiting for me.

"venom? here, follow me, he's waiting for you in the back." i follow behind her silently, my palms getting sweaty from the nerves eating away at my thoughts, but i push them to the side when we enter a back room, and i see the hero inside.

he stands up when he sees us enter, and i bow as he approaches, only looking up when he greets me.

"hello, venom. it's a pleasure to meet you and have you here and interning with us," he says politely, and i bow again as i shake his hand, smiling nervously the whole fucking time like the gosh darn dumb butt i am.

what even the fuck

'fucking shut it i don't even know either okay'

"thank you for allowing me to come, and it's an honor to meet you and work with all of you here for this internship. i hope to learn a lot and to improve as a hero in training while i'm here."

okay, somehow, i didn't stutter or have a nervous voice crack throughout that entire little speech shit.

what the fuck happened, jesus?

the woman left us alone, and though i can't tell if he's smiling or not, or even doing anything with his face, i feel like he's pleased with what i said, because he nods and turns back to the paperwork on his desk.

"well then, let's get to work, shall we?"

—————

and thus begins the internship arc!

i feel like i wrote too much smiling, and i don't know how backdraft would actually act because he's barely in the series at all because he's a minor character, but let's just go with it, right? also i'm sorry if this feels rushed, i feel like it was too, and i'm too lazy to go back and change it so i'm sorry lol.

i hope y'all enjoyed, and see you guys next week!

(also stan day6 and stream zombie y'all)