Chapter 23

|Freya Livingston|

"Mom?"

"Mom?"

"Freya?"

The nurse and I both turn our heads and were met by Axel, Luca and my parents.

I turn towards Axel confused as to why he was here and as to why he had a sling on.

"Axel Exavier Andrés what in God's name happened to your arm." I look towards the nurse who I'm now just piecing together is Axel's mother.

"I was saving this trouble maker right here." he said pointing towards me with his good arm a smirk clearly etched on his face as he looked at his mother and I's intertwined hands.

"Luca is that true? I thought you were the one that found her." my mother asked a frantic looking Luca.

"Oh is that so?" Axel said looking quite amused at the situation.

"Well ahhhh it was more of a team effort, did I forget to say that I got a little help."

"Well whatever did happen I'm just glad that you gentlemen helped out our Freya. We'd like to invite you and your family over as a thank you." I looked at my dad with wide eyes hoping to God he was joking.

Axel saw my distressed state and I could tell he was enjoying it.

"Oh Honey that's a great idea we'll have a nice backyard barbeque and we can finally open up the pool, of course, honey you'll have to start healing first."

"My family would be honoured to attend." Axel said all the sudden acting all courteous with my mom.

"Then it's settled I'll have my secretary assist a chauffeur for you and your family we'll have a gathering in a weeks time. Luca, I'll trust that you can inform your father."

Luca looked defeated as he just mindlessly nodded knowing that he didn't really have a way out and neither did I.

"Thank you again for taking care of our daughter and you as a well young man you definitely were brought up well." my parents proceeded to give their gratitude to both Axel and his mother who I've noticed hasn't stopped giving Axel a presumptuous look.