Chapter 22

[Luca Santiago]

Fuck, it was hot

Fuck, it was hot. That's all that was repeating in my head as the scorching hot sun beamed brightly at everyone. If I didn't get out of this heat quickly I'm gonna be as red as a lobster.

Some students tried to get in their cars to cool off but the A/C was basically rendered useless as it just blew out more hot air. Of course we had to have the fire alarm go off on the day we have record breaking temperatures. Was there even an actual fire?

I was busy fanning myself as I saw Andrés making his way towards the front.

"What the hell is he doing?" I questioned as I saw Andrés running back towards the school building despite the protesting yell of Principal Hansen.

I was about to go follow him but Jake held me back.

"Dude what do you think you're doing? You'll just get in trouble, I'm pretty sure this is just another one of Andres's stupid pranks." He did have a point, but Andrés looked too serious for this to have been one of his pranks and plus he knows not to mess with fire.

Jake failed to hold me back as my curiosity got the best of me so I quietly made my way inside. I followed the noise of banging doors and eventually found him trying to open the door for the rooftop staircase.

"Andrés what the hell are you doing?" I ask watching him cautiously as he pushed the door, what confused me even more is the look of relief he gave.

I haven't seen that look from him in a while.

"I'm pretty sure Freya is stuck in there and she's been locked in." As if my body responded to Freya's name I instantly made my to the door and started kicking it with all my might.

It didn't take long before the door started giving in and we finally busted it open but the sight I saw made my heart jump.

There Freya was, on the ground completely unconscious. How long has she been here?

Andrés instantly went by her side before I could and as soon as he tried to pick her up he instantly winced and held onto his left shoulder.

"You carry her out I'll go grab her stuff." He said with the look of defeat.