Ch.1

Hot tears were running down from my cheeks, as I stared down at the email the university send me just a few seconds ago. I leaned my head against the chair, the tears were coming as if they were rivers. The ugly memory of this morning came to the surface of my mind, but I wiped my eyes before heading downstairs.
I was eating breakfast as usual, when suddenly a voice spoke from the living room, "Magnus! Did you already have the results for that university?". Of course, she didn't ask me about how I slept or  good morning, that wouldn't ever cross her mind. My mother said firmly as she made her appearance in the kitchen, her long black hair were falling down from her forehead. I sighed, as she was referring to the prestigious university she insisted I had to try. But I failed, like everything I do. I didn't even study enough for it, I didn't have enough strength. I was in pain, I had other stuff running in my mind that I just couldn't bring myself to do that. "You didn't, like always I am right?." She sighed in annoyance, as she started to complain about how much problems she has, how much she's sacrificing for a useless son. That's one of the reasons why I rarely eat breakfast at home. I grabbed my backpack and without saying a word, I left. The last thing I heard before leaving was her screams and insults towards me. The fresh air outside brushed against my face, making me feel a bit of relief, even if it was just for a brief moment. I would do everything if it means that I could have even just a second of silence. I went to the only place I feel at peace, the coffee shop near the library.
I glanced at the window, it was getting dark, the sunset was close. But I didn't feel like to go back home, not yet.