(2) The Blanket

~Oblivion's POV~

It was dark back then, in the beginning. Fate's failed attempts at AUs rendered her, and Void, children. Fate had her one star child, my good friend, Destiny. He was her champion, as I was Void's, making us close friends. The two beings would spend time together, forcing their two children together. He was my rock when I cried, he was my blanket when I was scared...he was my everything when I was nothing. We still spend time together, in fact, he's here now. In our little house in the Void. We're snuggled up together watching the Multiverse. For us, we could flick between AUs like channels and see things like a TV show. It was nice to have him there. We laughed and giggled when Fell would get random items dumped in his room from Error. But today, something most peculiar happened...we saw Error in Dreamtale. This, of course, worried us slightly. Was he going to destroy it..? It didn't seem like it, instead, he was just walking around and running his scarred fingertips along the broken and cracked buildings. He slowly entered the run down bar, which used to be owned by the only fire elemental in Snowdin. This Snowdin was above ground and started snowing mid fall until mid spring. Error looked around, seeing an old picture of Grillby Flamesman as a child with the King and Queen. Error didn't know their names so he looked around on the picture. I wanted him to know, but I didn't know myself. I texted Void on my phone and he said they were King and Queen Joku. The King's first name was forgotten by my fatherly figure, but said the Queen was Meadow Nim Joku. 'What a lovely name', I thought to myself, as Error suddenly knew the information. I love seeing Error smile and giggle whenever he remembered something, even the little things. I looked at the vines and weeds growing along the semi-demolished buildings, smiling at how beautiful nature was. Destiny suddenly spoke up, saying something I tuned out.

"What was that, Des?" I said softly, afraid he would tease me for not paying attention.

Instead, he groaned and said, "I asked if you wanted to go visit Love and Hate? Ya know, the cute straight couple that always come over and bring their kid? What the fuck is the kid's name..uh..something..really fuckin' stupid..like..uhh..OH- It was Hope!"

I giggled and nodded; Destiny always cursed but it was adorable nonetheless. We got up, both going to our own rooms and changing out of our pajamas. I wore a light grey dress with black flowers and leaves around the hem of the skirt. I tied a black bow around my waist, the large bow in the back. I put my black hair into a bun and put on my tiara. The tiara was a rose-golden flower, the center producing black strands that met in the back to form the tiara itself. It was a simple design, and I absolutely loved it. I slipped on my black boots, them going up to just below my knee. I smiled and applied some lip gloss, putting on very little eyeliner to make my eyes look less dull and lifeless. I waited in the living room for Destiny, tapping my foot impatiently. He finally came out, looking as handsome as ever. He had a t-shirt on and his crown: A simple white gold circlet like Dreams, but with a shattered heart where the center was. He had black pants on and some dark grey sneakers. I giggled as he snuck his arm around me, probably in an attempt to get a hug. He sighed and pouted as I stood there shaking my head, denying any loving touches towards the Demigod.

"No hugs for you, Des. Not after the stunt you pulled last week."

"Oh my god- I was horny and your ass was begging to be smacked!" he protested, trying to hug me from behind.

I let him, smiling as how happy he seemed. He was such a dork sometimes, and I absolutely loved it.

------------------------------------------------------------