third time's the charm (VI)

Começar do início

Kara falls asleep, her phone starts to chime. Lena quickly went to answer before it woke Kara up. It was Sara. Lena hesitates, she doesn't know if she is at the stage where she could answer calls on behalf of her girlfriend. While she was hesitating, the call ended. When she is about to leave the room, the phone rings again. Sara's name popped on the screen, Lena decided to pick up the call before the ringing woke Kara up.

Lena: "Hi."

Sara: "You are not Zorel. Who are you?"

Lena: "Kara is sleeping right now. Do you mind calling back later?"

Sara: "I guess you are the girlfriend then?"

Lena: "I'm sorry but do I know you?"

Sara: "You are quite a character... I like it. Tell Kara to call me back when she wakes up."

Lena: "Bye."

By the time Kara wakes up, it's already dinner time. Lena isn't beside her, she freshens herself up before she heads down. Lena is helping Marie with making dinner, she turns around when she hears footsteps coming down from the stairs.

Lena: "Oh, you are awake. Did you have a good sleep?"

Kara: "Yes... I'm sorry that you witnessed my breakdown..."

Lena: "Don't you dare apologise to me. There's nothing to be sorry about, even the strongest woman breaks sometimes."

Lena kisses Kara's forehead before she goes back to set up the table.

Lena: "Oh while you were asleep, Sara called you."

Kara: "Oh what did she say?"

Lena: "Nothing, she asked you to call her back once you wake up."

Kara: "Alright, I will give a call after we are done with dinner."

Lena: "She called twice, I assumed something important?"

Kara: "I'm supposed to go drinking with the gang tomorrow night but I don't think I have the mood... Given what happened with Diana today, I don't think I can face Lois tomorrow..."

Lena: "Don't worry, leave Lois to me."

Kara: "Lee, I don't think that's a good idea..."

Lena: "Babe, she's my friend. I will explain it to her."

Kara: "But I do owe her an apology, I prefer to do it in person. I already feel bad enough to break her heart, I... I shouldn't have led her on... I'm sorry for mistreating your friend. But I made a promise, I won't go back to the same old life again. I want to start afresh with you and no one else."

Lena: "How about you invite them over tomorrow?"

Kara: "What? But you are not supposed to let them know you are a Luthor..."

Lena: "The point is do you trust your friends?"

Kara: "Of course, they are my ride or die."

Lena: "Perfect, you shall invite them over. Leave the preparation to me. You can ask Alex to join us too."

Kara: "Babe, are you serious?! I can tell Alex?"

Lena: "I guess it's time for her to know about me, about us. Officially."

Kara: "I.. you."

Lena: "You don't have to say it if you don't feel comfortable... I get you what you are trying to tell me."

Kara: "I'm sorry. I need some more time."

Lena: "Don't worry, I totally understand. Take your time, no pressure."

AD/SL/KK/LL/DP

Tomorrow. Sunset Avenue. 6pm.

Alex Danvers

AD: "What's this all about?"

KZ: "There's something I have to tell you."

AD: "Is this about your new girlfriend?"

KZ: "Yes and No. Just turn up tomorrow."

AD: "Whatever you say. See ya!"

Sara Lance

SL: "What about Apollo's? Where did you find such a huge place?"

KZ: "My girlfriend lent us her place when she learnt that I don't want to meet you for a drink."

SL: "How come? You didn't want to see Lois?"

KZ: "About that and also I met with Diana today."

SL: "What?! Why did you meet that shithead?!?!"

KZ: "Sara, I think I have been wrong about her...."

SL: "No shit, Kara. You deserve better, just forget about her..."

KZ: "She was sorry for everything she did."

SL: "Kara, just move on. She can treat you like this in the past, she will do it again."

KZ: "But the point is, I have a girlfriend already. I think Diana is hoping to reconcile our friendship and seek forgiveness."

SL: "Whatever it is, I will slam dunk her if she hurts you again. She's not gonna be leaving here in one piece."

KZ: "Thanks for having my back, Sara. I will see you tomorrow!"

Lois Lane

LL: "Why do you invite me to Lena's? You think I'm not heartbroken enough to see you and her together?"

KZ: "Lois, I want to apologise. Lena offered to lend me her place plus Sara and the rest will be coming too. Please give me a chance to explain and say sorry to you?"

LL: "I just can't get over the fact that you are dating my best friend and not me. What's there that I can't compare with her? Is it I'm not rich enough for you?"

KZ: "Lois, enough! You know I'm not that kind of person. Sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice but I really want us to be friends again. I really like you and I enjoy our time together, so please give me a chance to explain, will ya?"

LL: "You have one last chance, you better make it good. Or else, prepare to get it from Sara."

KZ: "I won't let you down, I promise. I will see you soon."

******

Diane Prince

DP: "I'm glad you texted me, I didn't think you wanted to talk to me again. How are you feeling?"

KZ: "I'm much better now, thanks for the breathing technique."

DP: "Your girlfriend, she is protective. I'm happy you found someone who loves you back."

KZ: "Diana."

DP: "No worries, I will be sure to turn up, thank you for giving me another chance."

KZ: "See you then."

Kate Kane

KK: "Nice dig you got for us, see you around!"

xxxx

Lena: "Babe, do you wanna watch a movie before we go to bed?"

Kara: "Sure, what do you have in mind?"

Lena: "How about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"

Kara: "I will make some popcorn for us. Be right back!"

Halfway through the movie, Lena fell asleep on Kara's lap. Kara tries not to have sudden movement in case Lena wakes up, she slowly reaches over to her toes to pause the movie and switch off the laptop. She readjusts Lena's position and then kisses her goodnight on the forehead.

"Goodnight Lee, I love you."