51 ~ Harry James Potter

Comincia dall'inizio

His small tuffs of hair were a chestnut brown alike James', but his eyes were an emerald green which were the exact same shade as Lilys. Harry was the perfect blend of the two, Sirius wondered who's personality he would eventually follow. James reached for the baby out of Lilys hands and pressed a kiss to her head. "You can have a little nap now, Lilypad. We'll take care of Harry." Lily nodded thankfully and rested her head back against the pillow. 

The following day, they brought Lily and the baby back home to Godric's Hollow. Harry was settling well in his new nursery, which Sirius had donated some of the stuff he and Silver had gotten for their child. James and Lily were currently in the living room downstairs whilst Sirius had offered to put Harry to bed. He was sat in the oak rocking chair with the baby in his arms.

"Alright Harry, I'm going to tell you about your amazing Auntie Silver. She was a beautiful girl with the most perfect personality, her hair was this silver colour that just made the room light up when she came in. Her eyes used to be a black which was very similar to her families but eventually they changed to a purple colour that demonstrated the storm magic she had deep inside her which was finally released after Ivys passing." Sirius whispered in a story teller voice as he rocked the boy who was slowly falling asleep in his arms. 

"You would've had a cousin, Ivy. She was going to be my little Princess, but now she's gone. But you are going to be a little prince and we will protect you and put our lives on the line to make sure you're safe. Anyway, Silver was a Veela and she had strong magic that mixed with a potion from Newt, made her able to transform into any animal. Her favourite was this beautiful and majestic white tiger, she used this a lot whenever we would sneak onto the grounds at Hogwarts. She was amazing at potions and I mean amazing. She would've been great at helping you with homework, but I've got a long time to teach myself till you're in school. I'll never be as great as her but I'll try my best. Did you know she made casted a perfect patronus charm when she was like eight years old? That's what we have to teach you, we'll make you the smartest wizard of your age, just like Silver was. She would have loved you, she would've taken care of you so well. But now you have us and we'll at least try and keep you alive." He chuckled as he placed the sleeping child in his crib. 

Sirius made his way back downstairs to see Lily and James both smiling up at him, tears in their eyes. Sirius sent them a puzzled look but Lily simply held up the baby monitor they had bought from a muggle shop. Sirius rolled his eyes and sat down looking down at the floor. 

The following day, James and Lily were shocked to find Dumbledore at their front door. Sirius walked down the stairs with Harry in his arms and joined them at the door. "I'm afraid I come with worrying news." His usually cheerful face was serious and worried. Lily moved aside and allowed the man to enter the house, Dumbledore took a seat on the sofa and looked to the ground. "There's a prophecy, that the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies. And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not. And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives. Voldemort has heard of this and has turned to a rage of worry. The prophecy could either be about young Harry here or a boy called Neville, the child of Alice and Frank."

James, Lily and Sirius exchanged worried looks. Dumbledore took a deep breath and awaited for their attention once again. "We will use the Fidelius Charm, that will keep your location a secret. Anyone who knows your location will not be able to inform anyone except your secret keeper. You must chose someone who you trust your life with, someone who would risk their lives to help you, someone to keep you safe." Sirius looked up from Harry and looked Dumbledore in the eyes. "I'll do it, I'd rather die than betray my friends." James shook his head and crossed his arms. "Absolutely not, they'll torture you. You know what they did to Silver and Ivy, they wouldn't be as kind to you." Sirius shrugged his shoulders and began rocking Harry. "If I die, I get to join Silver. If I stay alive, I get to be in Harrys life." 

Lily shook her head, still trying to take in all the information. "You'd really do that for us, Sirius?" She said quietly, unsure if that's what she wanted. Sirius nodded and cradled Harry in his arms, "If it keeps you three safe, then of course." Dumbledore nodded, he reached for his wand but before e could cast the spell there was a knock at the door. Sirius opened it to reveal a smiling Peter, he allowed the boy to enter and a marvellous idea came into his mind. "Dumbledore, would you mind leaving us for a moment so we can explain what's happening to Peter." Dumbledore nodded and wandered upstairs, taking in the house ready for the spell. 

"What if we used Peter?" Sirius said quickly, checking Dumbledore couldn't hear. James looked at him as if he'd gone mad, "Just think about it, Voldemort would obviously think of me first and use anything to get it out of me. He would never think of Peter, someone who isn't great at spell or have much strength and bravery, no offence Peter." Peter nodded enthusiastically, seemingly pleased to be given such an important job. James and Lily looked at each other, almost as if having a conversation without needing to say anything. They turned back and nodded, seemingly convinced by the idea. "But why can't we tell Dumbledore?" Lily asked.

"The less people that know, the better." James nodded in agreement before calling Dumbledore back down. He returned and pulled out his wand and casted the charm over the house. Instantly, Sirius and Dumbledore were unable to disclose the location of where Lily and James were hidden. Satisfied with his magic, Dumbledore waved them off and left to return to Hogwarts for the following day.

James turned to see a nervous looking Lily who had taken Harry into her arms and was holding him to her chest. "We're going to be okay Lily, Harry will be okay. I promise." Lily nodded and pressed a kiss to James' lips.

word about the prophecy gets out

Dumbledore hides them in a safe house